Statistics and Data Insights Placement Reading 2024
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility.
We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’.
There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where “Health for all, Hunger for none” is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining “impossible”.
Are you a student undertaking an undergraduate degree with a high numerical content, interested in learning how your mathematical and statistical skills can help to improve people’s lives?
Statisticians at Bayer are key to effectively planning and analyzing our clinical trials of new medications, and a placement year will offer you the opportunity to experience that role while receiving training and hands-on experience to improve your technical and personal skills. To a certain degree, work can be tailored to your own experience, background and interests.
Major tasks and responsibilities
- Support design, analysis and reporting of clinical trials across a variety of teams and phases through, e.g., performing and validating sample size calculations, authoring statistical analysis plans, and programming, review and interpretation of study results
- Understand the background and statistical methods important for drug development
- Work in close consultation with professional statisticians and cross-functional teams
- Complete projects supporting in-house initiatives (e.g., in a novel methodology)
- Understand how the theory of statistical methodology is applied in practice within the pharmaceutical industry
- Learn and apply new statistical methodology through collaboration with professional statisticians
- Expand your knowledge through attending methodological training and statistical forums
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to translate scientific or clinical problems into statistical ones and provide solutions
- Gain an oversight of the drug development process
- Develop valuable soft skills through day-to-day work and training courses
- Become proficient in statistical programming languages such as SAS and R
- Gain knowledge and experience across a potentially wide range of trial phases, diseases and drugs
- Undertaking an undergraduate degree with a high numerical content, e.g., mathematics, statistics, data science, computer science. At start of placement, completed at least 2 years of degree but not graduated. Programming (e.g., SAS / R) and other IT skills (e.g., Microsoft Office) are desirable.
- Please provide modules you are studying, results for completed modules and any other relevant information in a covering letter.
Be You at Bayer where you have the opportunity to be part of a culture influencing Health for all and Hunger for none. To achieve our vision we see reward all our employees as incredibly important and include the following list of benefits and working conditions:
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Healthcare, generous pension scheme and Life Insurance
- Employee discount scheme
- State of the art offices
- Flexible working