Alphabet Digital Transformation Analyst Placement (BMW UK, Financial Services) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Alphabet Digital Transformation Analyst
The Alphabet Sales Team are responsible for our Corporate and International Fleet customers, supporting them with their vehicle quote to order journey. We are excited to be developing Alphabet Motion, a new innovative platform that will enable customers to self-serve; obtaining a leasing quotation for a car or van online, progressing all the way through to vehicle order. This market leading platform will provide a frictionless journey, whilst adding further value to the customer through visualising real time offers and vehicle information to aid their vehicle selection. This will allowing our in-house sales team to maximise opportunities while having time and space to provide a personal touch to the customer journey.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting the IT development team in their Agile development, working in 3-week sprint cycles.
- Act as the Voice of the Customer throughout the development of the system with the customer journey being enhanced at all stages.
- Co-ordinate and perform effective exploratory, functional and regression testing to identify issues and defects, ahead of release schedules.
- Create and modify test scripts, ensuring all results are clearly and comprehensively documented.
- Define and support customer rollout plan, providing regular updates to key stakeholders.
- Creating efficient processes making it frictionless for customers to place orders, and removing any internal manual workarounds.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a 2:2 Bachelor’s degree - preferably in Digital Media/Design & Communication, or other relevant field.
- Strong relationship building and inter-personal skills, showing exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Good organisational and time management skills, with ability to show high attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt working approach, prioritise, work under pressure, multi-task and problem solve.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Knowledge of Agile working methods is desirable, although not critical.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £21,600. 27 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is valued.
- Encourage you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stage of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.co.uk.