Assembly, Proof, Test & Finish Placement (MINI Plant) Oxford July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have had a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint, and final assembly.
Assembly, Proof, Test & Finish
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Assembly, Proof, Test & Finish department. We strive to deliver world class levels of quality to our customers through accurate data management and feedback to our process partners. We represent the 'Voice of the Customer” within the production facility, something we achieve by providing our associates with a safe, open, and friendly working environment, allowing them to perform to the highest standards possible.
What will you be doing?
- Raising and evaluating Problem Resolution Reports.
- Continuous Improvement Activities.
- Assisting in aligning Quality Processes within the BMW Group Manufacturing Network.
- Undertaking specific project activities as instructed by General Managers & Group Leaders (e.g. Industry 4.0/human-machine interface).
- Completing data analysis and management.
- Stable takt support.
- Lean Manufacturing rollout and support.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality and performance.
- Supporting new model introduction processes.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in an Engineering-related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using PowerBi would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, allowing you to build relationships with individuals at various levels of the business.
- A strong ability to identify problems, develop and evaluate options, and then implement feasible solutions.
- Self-driven, coupled with the ability to work autonomously.
- Strong time management skills.
- A full UK driver's licence is preferable but not essential.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.co.uk