Customer Retention Support Placement (BMW UK, Financial Services) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Customer Retention Support
As part of the BMW FS Group, the Sales & Marketing area are responsible for delivery of exceptional Customer Retention across BMW, MINI & Motorrad. Demonstrating a passion for Marketing, Digital Marketing and CRM, we’re looking for highly organised, self-motivated individual who can demonstrate an ability to apply themselves and excellent attention to detail. This is a superb opportunity to gain experience of working with all areas of Sales, Marketing and Digital to support with national loyalty activities and campaigns to increase Customer Retention.
What will you be doing?
- The role will be internally focused providing support to the Retention team and retailer UK network.
- Active participation in the management and ongoing development of our loyalty offers.
- Ensuring the Retailer HUB – our communciations portal is up to date across the business areas, supporting departments with new content, imagery, links to enhance the Retailer Self-serve experience.
- Support the day-to-day running of the retention inbox.
- Maintaining the focus of the customer journey by working customer appeals via the retention app.
- Involvement in creating slides for customer webinar interactions and training material
- Current university programme. Ideally relevant work experience either in sales, marketing or the automotive industry to demonstrate your competencies would be beneficial.
- A genuine passion and interest in the automotive industry.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use your initiative and manage your own projects/workload autonomously.
- A source of innovation and creativity for our business as well as a resource that will challenge our norms. Our goal is to nurture a future leader for the BMW FS Group.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com