Maintenance Technician Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands-on experience from day one, while gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maintenance team are responsible for proactive and reactive maintenance of a varied range machinery e.g. sewing machines, rolling road, milling machines. As part of the maintenance team you will be working alongside our planning team which enables our technicians to improve machine durability, performance and longevity, you will learn and provide technical support with IT, mechanical, electrical and robotic topics.
What will you be doing?
- Data analysis
- Administrative tasks
- Project style work
- IT / Robotics / Mechanical / Electrical diagnostic work and problem solving
- Studying a Bachelor’s or integrated Master’s degree and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or relevant course.
- Fluent in English; a working knowledge of German would be beneficial.
- Extensive PC skills (Microsoft Office, CAD, Sharepoint etc).
- Problem solving, time management and communication skills shown through involvement in projects and activities undertaken at university and in your spare time.
- Any other skills that will benefit our business that you can give evidence of how you have applied these skills.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £23,100 27 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, a video interview and then a face to face or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com