Manufacturing Engineering Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands-on experience from day one, while gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
Manufacturing Engineering Placement
We enable the assembly teams to continuously improve and sustain their process through our expertise to deliver the utmost product quality, whilst providing validated equipment to facilitate the philosophy of ‘Right first Time’. We are responsible to develop assembly processes, design and purchase equipment and influence future products to meet the requirements to build vehicles meeting cost, quality and volume targets. Our team is seeking three interns to join from July 2024.
What will you be doing?
- Support, coordination and management of specific daily tasks and longer term projects.
- Co-ordination and steering of key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Support and implementation of quality and process improvements through the problem management process (PMP).
- Steering and implementation of planning activities to support volume flexibility and new product introduction.
- Analysis of data sets to give transparency to the existing target environment with a view to offering improvement opportunities.
- Supporting the implementation of the Value Production System and Work Organisation throughout the Assembly process.
- Studying a Bachelor’s or integrated Master’s degree and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in a Mechanical, Manufacturing or Automotive Engineering course.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Manufacturing Systems and / or Quality Systems would be beneficial.
- Fluent verbal and written English; German skills would be advantageous.
- Able to adapt working approach depending on specific requirements, work independently and organise yourself as well as collaborate with the team.
- Use your initiative to take projects and tasks from concept through to a complete and implemented solution.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsidised on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week, with a half-day on a Friday helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your placement, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow students and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include online testing, video interview and then a face-to-face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, which means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role-relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 31st December 2023.