Material Control, Logistics Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
Supply Chain Quality Management
The successful candidate will manage daily tasks within the Supply Chain Quality team. This placement provides work experience in the field of supplier management with a global base of over 800 suppliers. This is an excellent opportunity to experience the interactions between supplier, customer and internal departments within a global supply chain.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the organisation of special escalation meetings direct with suppliers.
- Manage the distribution and resolution of Complaint Reports and 8D (eight discipline) reports.
- Maintain various databases of supplier contacts and Supply Chain Quality (SCQ) activities.
- Special Projects – once established in the role student will be encouraged to help develop the role of the supply chain quality management within the Logistics department.
- An understanding and interest in digitalisation and IT systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High intrinsic motivation and creativity.
- Good project management skills and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Ability to cooperate and work well within a team.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsidised on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week, with a half-day on a Friday helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your placement, you will be supported by our experts and many fellow students and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include online testing, video interview and then a face-to-face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, which means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role-relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us at FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com