MINI Sales and Marketing Placement (BMW Ireland) Dublin July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
At BMW Group Ireland, we’re proud of our office environment and achievements. We offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
MINI Sales and Marketing
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our MINI Sales and Marketing team, focused on delivering and coordinating the BMW Group Ireland’s Sales Strategy with the aim of delivering industry-leading results. We support brand campaigns, new product launches, and their placement in the market using all media channels, with these all being activities that you will be directly involved in.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our National Sales and Marketing team for the MINI Brand in the Republic of Ireland. From day one, you will be a key and valued member of our team, directly reporting into the Regional Manager whilst also working closely with the MINI UK team.
What will you be doing?
This role offers an exciting range of opportunities, some of which include:
- Supporting the operational execution of MINI’s national sales strategy and tactical programmes.
- Supporting the collation of monthly sales and marketing KPIs and any ad-hoc enquiries related to this.
- Supporting the calculation of volume bonus and tactical support payments.
- Ordering, tracking, and managing national orders including internal MINI cars.
- Representing MINI Ireland in various cross-functional meetings.
- Cost centre requisitioning.
- Supporting retailer queries.
- Responsible for marketing campaign planning and execution.
- Lead marketing brainstorming sessions with internal stakeholders and external agencies.
- Assisting in the creation of written, video, and image content for our marketing channels.
- Assisting in the management of our MINI national website and retailer websites.
- Coordination of our marketing agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Monitoring marketing campaigns. This will include preparing and presenting reports and providing feedback to agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Completing ad hoc sales, marketing, and product research.
- Events: Supporting MINI events and working directly with Event Managers to coordinate and help run MINI events.
- Press: Supporting Press-related ad hoc tasks.
- Strategy: Working alongside internal stakeholders in a collaborative way to help shape our future strategy.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Business Studies, Marketing, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- IT literate, including a good understanding of Microsoft Office programmes including PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills, allowing you to build working relationships with various stakeholders.
- A basic knowledge of MINI products and marketing processes would be beneficial.
- A general knowledge of the automotive industry would be advantageous but not essential
- An willingness to present to a variety of internal stakeholders - including colleagues to senior management.
- A full UK Driving License would be advantaqeous but not essential
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of €28,000, 23 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Additional Opportunities - You could have the chance to travel to our Retailer Centres, BMW Group events, and our BMW Group UK sites. You will also be able to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, including senior management.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com