National Sales Assistant Placement (BMW UK, National Sales Company) Farnborough July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
- Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
- Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
- The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
- Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
National Sales Assistant
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our National Sales team. You will report to the Retail Sales Performance Manager, assisting with implementing, monitoring, and amending the Retail tactical campaigns and offers to help ensure we meet our targets. This role is highly analytical and requires the collation of both quantitative and qualitative data, often on an ad-hoc basis depending on current market performance. You will work closely with the Business Development Manager and Regional teams to understand current patterns and trends which may help steer future business decisions. The role will also require you to create regular reports to track current performance and help evaluate previous decisions, ensuring our future decisions result in the best possible outcomes.
What will you be doing?
Our team is continually adapting to new requirements, meaning your daily routine is likely to be ever-changing. A summary of activities you will be involved in includes:
- Competitor analysis. This includes reviewing the latest offerings from Mercedes, Audi, and Tesla to determine any strengths and weaknesses including how our price points compare.
- Collate feedback on current tactical campaigns from regional teams including Alphabet and Financial Services to determine any areas that need amending.
- Review communications to ensure consistency of message and check for errors.
- Update run-rate information and compare this to previous periods, determining any significant changes which may impact campaign planning.
- Attend tactical planning sessions with various business stakeholders including the Finance team to develop their understanding of our process.
- Assist with any ad-hoc analysis to support future sales campaigns.
- Support with the creation of Retailer-facing communications including webinars and videos.
- Provide KPI insights to drive Area team visits and ensure there is a consistent structure for visit preparation and logging.
- Review stock and demo specifications to help determine any changes that could maximise effectiveness.
- Assist with ad hoc reporting and insights for other members of the National Sales team.
- Support the Retailer Performance Centre with quarterly bonus requirements.
- Ad-hoc tasks such as reviewing Retailer Enquiry Management processes and analysing retail lead generation programs, test drive data, and conversion rates.
- Help the RPC and Regional team collate Retailer sales forecasting.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree and on track to achieve at least a 2:2. A Business, Economics, Marketing, or related field is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience in a retail environment would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to consolidate different data sources into meaningful information.
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with the ability to adjust to a variety of different audience levels from Directors to our operational teams.
- A flexible individual that can adapt to changing requirements, using their own initiative to do so.
- Strong attention to detail, ensuring key reports are accurate.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com