Network Development Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style, and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and we are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
Network Development Placement
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our Network Development team. As our Intern, you will be working in a team responsible for developing our sales network across the UK, Europe, and Central Asia. This role involves supporting the Region’s Network Development, Ownership Services, Client, and Brand functions. You will also be the point of reference for the Regional Sales Channel Development Manager who is responsible for:
- All dealer strategic development topics in establishing long-term plans to optimise the entire dealer network, whilst ensuring a healthy and profitable network willing to invest in our brand.
- Managing 35 Dealer and Service partners in over 20 countries, working within an area dealing with differing languages, cultures, and currency considerations on a daily basis.
What will you be doing?
- Supporting all current and future commercial and commerce activities in the Region’s markets.
- Investigating and assessing the viability of commercial markets and opportunities for a new dealer presence, analysing and evaluating market studies and wealth reports to be presented to the Directors or Board.
- Coordinating dealer and commercial development activities including supply of dealer contracts to a newly approved candidate, supporting the new dealer through the set-up process to a fully operational status.
- Working closely with other RRMC departments to maintain the Brand defining retail standards that safeguards the overall customer-centric experience within the dealer network.
- Developing and proposing your own project ideas with the potential to implement proposed changes to influence the future operations of RRMC.
- Communicating with dealers regarding contracts, training, audits and performance results.
- Providing additional support to the Region for administrative tasks such as meeting arrangements, catering, and event management.
- Working alongside the Regional Sales and Marketing Managers in monitoring the successful and timely creation and development of programs to ensure the highest level of customer centricity.
- Training opportunities will be made available to learn about our vehicles and experience the thrill of our products first-hand.
- There will be the possibility to take ownership of your role, being able to work independently and implement innovative changes and improvements where you believe it to be appropriate.
- The successful candidate will be required to travel occasionally to represent the Brand with Dealer visits and to support Regional events including Goodwood Revival and Festival of Speed.
Qualifications and experience
- Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Accountancy, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- A strong operational understanding of Microsoft Office software, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are vital to success in this role.
- An ability to work in a team and have a positive attitude.
- A highly analytical person with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong international and cross-cultural awareness.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and luxury segment would be desirable but is not essential.
- A real desire to implement your own ideas and develop the future operations of the RRMC business - leaving a legacy of your time.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com