Operational Accounting Placement (MINI Plant) Oxford July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
The Finance department provides Accounting activity to all subsidiaries that make up the UK Production Triangle. Accounting activity covers all Statutory and BMW Group reporting obligations for the 3 major legal entities within the UK Production Triangle with focus on applicable Accounting standard adherence, control frameworks, governance and relevant compliance.
What will you be doing?
- Effectively contribute as a member within the organisation’s Accounting team.
- Actively participate within the Accounting function and wider business in all aspects of operational manufacturing accounting.
- Assessment of current process and recommendations for improvement within relevant legislative frameworks.
- Strong focus on reporting deadlines and flexible working to achieve targets.
- Studying a Business, Finance or Economics degree and on track to achieve a 2:2 standard or higher
- Strong English language skills are necessary
- Very good IT skills are advantageous including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SAP
- Interested in, and passionate about working for the BMW Group and MINI
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday (pro rata to your contract) and a pension scheme as well as a subsided on-site restaurant.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week, with a half-day on a Friday helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - Throughout your placement you will be supported by our experts and many fellow students and have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process, could include; online testing, video interview and then a face to face, or telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK or European passport holder.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com