Parts Operations Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style, and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and we are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, while gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
If you are interested in
- How a small team manages 100’s of orders every day to guarantee the ultimate customer satisfaction
- How we work with our suppliers to make sure every spare part is available for our customers
- How we ensure that our delicate, hand-crafted parts get delivered in perfect condition
- How we get our parts from our warehouses in the UK to anywhere in the world within a few days,
Then you’ll find working in Parts Operations an interesting and valuable experience. During this 13-month internship, the successful candidate will be dealing not only with practical business challenges on a daily basis, but will also be involved in longer term improvement projects. Supporting all four main areas of Parts Ops (Dealer Ordering, Material Planning, Warehousing, Transport), you will have a chance to be part of a team behind a global operation. Our Intern will be a key and valued part of the team, supporting with analysis, planning, and implementation.
What will you be doing?
Ongoing projects to get involved in will include
- Supply chain / packaging concept improvements across multiple suppliers to improve material flow and reduce operational costs.
- Process mapping with the aim of improving existing operational and system processes
- Supporting the inventory function with stock analysis to improve stock accuracy
- Development of sustainability measures for the Parts Operations department, structuring sustainability reporting.
Additional responsibilities will include
- Daily and weekly reporting to monitor various performance KPIs
- Creation of reports & data analysis to support management decisions
- Supporting with purchasing tasks and dealing with 3rd party suppliers
- Studying towards a degree in Business, Management, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
- Analytical, logical, and self-motivated individual.
- Able to think creatively and off own initiative.
- Multi-task whilst maintaining structure and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills with ability to assert oneself.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week with blended home working opportunities, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com