Quality Management Systems Placement (Rolls-Royce Motor Cars) Goodwood July 2024
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands-on experience from day one, while gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
Quality Management Systems
We are responsible for the implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, as well as conducting internal audits (health check on the compliance and performance of the processes and procedures), Conformity of Production testing (ensuring ongoing compliance of our products within the series production phase) and Test Equipment calibration (ensuring measuring/test equipment is fit for purpose). The department influences the business through strategy development, coaching and communication. Our team is seeking a placement student to join from July 2024.
What will you be doing?
- Support, coordination and management of specific daily tasks and longer term projects.
- Support, analysis and implementation of improvements to the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Support, coordination of Conformity of Production (CoP) and Test Equipment Management.
- Co-ordination and steering of Target Management Process and key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Supporting the implementation of Quality methods to ensure ongoing product and process improvement.
- Studying a Bachelor’s or integrated Master’s degree and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in Engineering, Business Management, IT or relevant course.
- Strong PC skills with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Interest in Quality Management.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 is desirable but not essential for this role.
Why choose us?
- Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract) and an attractive pension scheme.
- Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
- Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits, including access to our Advantages scheme which gives you a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
- Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
- Working sustainably and ethically.
- Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
- Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
- Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, a video interview and then a face to face or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com