IT Technology Graduate Programme 2021
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
BNP Paribas has put sustainability at the heart of its business strategy and as well as integrating ESG into its risk, financing and investment policies is actively supporting its clients in their own sustainability journey with an extensive suite of sustainable finance solutions ranging from funding to supply chain management and voluntary carbon offset.
Technology touches every part of BNP Paribas and underpins every deal we make. Our Technology teams are responsible for developing, implementing, operating and maintaining cutting-edge applications used across the business. Their key objective is to apply expertise in technology to business problems and deliver high-quality, practical solutions. That could mean developing new applications for our trading floors, supporting our traders and sales operations teams with their IT platform, setting up the infrastructure for a new office, or working with colleagues in other functions to develop tools to enhance our e-commerce, risk measurement, pricing and trade processing applications.
Understanding complex technology is one aspect, but a firm grasp of business issues is also essential. You could be working closely with our trading floor to develop the software that enables them to make the split second decisions that our business is founded on, or using your creativity and initiative to enhance or support our state-of-the-art systems and databases. Whatever the task, our technologists work in a fast-moving environment where solutions move from concept to implementation in weeks and months rather than years.
We are looking for a number of high calibre graduates to join our business focused IT team and provide the leadership of tomorrow. You could be working with any of our business groups and financial products within Corporate and Institutional Banking to provide technology solutions to business problems and identify opportunities to use the IT platform to support the business evolution.
The role will be specialised in one of the following areas:
Business and Technical Analysis
- Building a good relationship with key stakeholders in the platform to deliver the needs of their projects
- Documentation of project requirements in order for development teams to be able to implement them
- Attending prioritisation meetings to push for work to get done within the Agile model
- Raising of JIRA’s as part of breaking down work required to be done
- Keeping management informed on project cardstatuses
- Debug issues in Production systems based on work previously worked on (or on behalf of colleagues)
- Understand the systems in depth to understand how solutions can work
- Responsibility to work solely developing on key sections of the platform
- Understanding of the system being worked on to be able to make informed changes and decisions about methods of implementation
- Ensure work gets into Production with help from test teams and BA’s
- Communication with other developers and BA’s to keep them informed on the status of tasks
- Provide support to the Support team as a 3rd line when issues occur in production that involve a code debug
Product Implementation, Analysis and Support
- Deliver first class support to business and IT users of the systems
- Documentation of process in order to enhance the knowledge base across the team and ability to follow said instructions of process
- Track incidents, follow up on problems and ensure logging is always done (ITIL)
- Build a working knowledge of the systems and business area in order to provide a high level of support.
- Work with the rest of the global team to ensure they are all able to adequately provide a high level of system support.
- Prepare environments for releases and ensure that the implementation and pre-production tests are carried out.
- We are looking for candidates with:
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) in Bachelor’s degree
- A passion for IT
- An ability to demonstrate a strong interest in IT (through studies, external projects/interests, work experience)
- Good communications skills – both written and verbal
- A demonstrated ability to work well within a team and to form good working relationships with external stakeholders and sponsors
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Experience with either: Python, C#, C++, Java, Angular JS, HTML, XML, VBA, IIS, Geneos Monitoring
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues