START Infrastructure Engineer Intern 2021
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
- Meaningful work assignments
- Networking opportunities with peers and executives
- Exposure to different areas of the business
- Professional Learning Opportunities
- Problem-solving, communications and time management training
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- 10-week (TBC) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects
- Orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum
- Career development and networking support from a host of senior mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
- Selective & small program size by design to increase personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise to enhance abilities and build networks across the organization;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
- Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, please see below
- Upon successful completion of the S.T.A.R.T program there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our S.T.A.R.T interns may apply for, subject to performance and business requirements
- This includes, the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Operations Campus Analyst Program (OCAP) and Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) and full-time direct hire roles.
Infrastructure Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Participate on a team responsible for contributing to the technology infrastructure transformation of Critical Infrastructure and Platform Security, Automation and self-service solutioning of Application/Middleware, architecture of our internal cloud platform (App Engine), standardization of distributed Databases, Network/Voice Design and Configuration, strategic deployment of the End User Experience, Data Center Hardware Operations and the foundational Mainframe Support for our core business systems.
- Engage with technology leaders, contribute to and coordinate efforts related to technology transformation projects and develop solutions to moderately complex problems in one of the aforementioned infrastructure service areas.
- Develop creative solutions through analysis of methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation of complex infrastructure problems.
- Contribute to automation solutions for existing infrastructures to help increase efficiency in operations.
- Identify infrastructure improvements during the development and testing processes.
- Prioritize and recommend continuous improvements for implementation.
- Collaborate with multiple teams in the organization as well as external customers.
- To be eligible, you will be required to be a second-year student and on course for a 2:1 in your degree.
- Technology or related degree is essential. This could include, but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Software Developments, Network Engineering, AI/Robotics Information Technology or other.
- You will be focused, motivated and ready to hone your technical skills while increasing your understanding of Banking & Financial Services.