Security Services and Digital Summer Internship 2024
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the “bank of banks” - 97% of the world’s top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we’re approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what #LifeAtBNYMellon is all about.
We welcome you to apply! When applying to this general 2024 Campus Programs posting, our expert BNY Mellon Talent Acquisition Team may also review your resume for consideration across other open early career roles within the company.
We’re seeking a future team member for the role in the Summer Internship Program to join our Securities, Services, and Digital team. This role is located in Lake Mary (FL), New York (NY), Pittsburgh (PA) and Everett (MA) in a HYBRID capacity.
BNY Mellon’s Summer Internship Program (SIP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding 10-week internship experience, as well as an inside look into what it is like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784.
With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SIP participants, our summer interns will gain valuable real-world experiences working in Securities, Services and Digital while learning to work together in collaborative teams and building a robust network within BNY Mellon. From day one, summer interns are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- Enterprise-led intern orientation program combined with ongoing executive speaker series and virtual training curriculum designed specifically for summer interns.
- Meaningful and challenging work assignments that deliver learning and skill development through practical work, mentorship, and training.
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including internship managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Exposure to different areas of business
- Comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training, along with technical and business acumen development
- Understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A collaborative and supportive community with full commitment of top-level management to deliver a premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
Securities, Services and Digital
Securities Services and Digital (SSD) includes our Asset Servicing, Corporate Trust and Depositary Receipts businesses and Digital, an enterprise function.
Asset Servicing provides global custody, fund services, integrated middle-office solutions, transfer agency, and data and analytics solutions to many of the world’s largest asset managers and asset owners. The services we deliver range from the foundational — we run clients’ operations — to consultative, where we orchestrate solutions that enable clients to make smarter investment decisions and serve investors better. Services we offer include:
- Custody or the settling and safekeeping of a variety of investment assets, from traditional to digital
- Fund accounting and administrative services, such as net-asset-value oversight and contingency, and fund start-up solutions
- Data and analytics solutions that help clients make smarter investment decisions
Corporate Trust is one of the world’s largest trustees for corporate, municipal, and structured credit securities, providing local and cross-border market expertise in the debt capital markets. Debt issuance enables public and private institutions to fund operations and make investments, create infrastructure, or deliver public services. As trustee or paying agent, Corporate Trust services all major debt classes, helping issuers achieve their financing goals.
Depositary Receipts are securities issued for trading in any market that represent a foreign company’s shares. These can be used to list on stock exchanges around the world, raise capital, and/or meet the specific needs for issuers and investors. BNY Mellon is one of the top depositary banks that can keep assets or securities on behalf of a clients. The services we provide to our clients are inclusive of the following:
- Issuance and cancellation agent for receipt holders
- Registrar and transfer agent for registered depository receipt holders
- Corporate action agent for depository receipt holders.
Digital is responsible for mapping our digital future by investing in digital capabilities, including analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain and others. Our team maximizes the impact of investments in digital capabilities, through the development of new service offerings / products as well as enhance the client experience. The team aims to accelerate the bank’s innovation strategy.
To run and operate each business above, our organization is reliant on a wide range of teams inclusive of: Business Development, Relationship Management, Client Service Delivery, Corporate partners (HR, Operations, Finance, Technology), etc. It is an optimal time to be a part of the SSD team as we are market leaders with strong global partnerships across the industry. We lead with innovation and trust and are committed to collaborating with our clients to transform the financial services industry for the future.
- Enrollment in 3 year undergraduate degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors preferred; however open to all majors with an individual interested in the financial services industry
- Individuals who will be graduating in 2025
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle.
BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies.
Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets.
It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here’s a few of our awards:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg’s Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion, Disability: IN – 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- CDP’s Climate Change ‘A List’