Assistant Sustainability Consultant London 2024
At Bureau Veritas CSR is embedded in our DNA. Our mission is to reduce our clients’ risks, improve their performance and help them innovate to meet the challenges of quality, health & safety, environmental protection, and social responsibility.
Our goal is to build a team that looks like the world around us, and we want our people to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a world of trust for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a true sense of belonging.
About the role
We are looking for an ambitious Assistant Consultant to join our industry leading Sustainability and Assurance consulting group. The key focus of this role is to contribute to the delivery of a range of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability Assurance projects as well as supporting the development and growth of the business, staying alert to client requirements and business opportunities.
- Undertake a variety of quantitative and qualitative data verification tasks
- Play an active role in the delivery of sustainability report assurance and data verification projects
- Conduct primary and in-depth research as required
- Support interaction with clients and relationship building as part of project delivery
- Manage personal resources and time, including personal utilisation, with guidance from line manager
- Support and undertake site visits to client sites and offices
- Provide administrative support to the team as required
- Keep up to date with current developments within sustainability
- Ensure a safe, environmentally conscious, and high quality culture
- Degree qualified in relevant subject; (Environment, Sustainability, carbon or mathematical)
- A relationship orientated professional (customers, international network, and teams)
- Knowledge and interest in a range of sustainability issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree qualified in relevant subject
- Experience in one or more of the following is desirable:
- GRI Guidelines
- AA1000 series
- UN Global Compact
- CDP Climate Change
What’s in it for me?
Joining the team as an Assistant Consultant you will gain exposure to a variety of projects, mentoring from senior members of the team and be empowered to develop your skills.
Thanks to our unique client links, existing portfolio of high-profile projects both in the UK and overseas, industry links and established team of experts. We aim to cultivate a supportive learning environment so team members can enjoy development and progression alongside an interesting, technically challenging career.
We offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
Core benefits include
- Private medical
- Life assurance
- Professional membership subscription
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity leave
- Employee Assistance Programme and up to
- 2x paid volunteering days a year
Flexible benefits include
- Electric Car Scheme
- Cycle to Work
- Tech scheme
- Travel insurance
- Dental insurance
- Gym and retail discounts
- option to buy and sell holiday
- Give As You Earn scheme.
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.