Graduate GeoTechnical Engineer Nottingham 2021
BWB Consulting has an exciting opportunity for up to four Graduate Geotechnical Engineers to join our Ground Solutions Team to be in either of our Birmingham, Manchester, or Nottingham offices.
The role will be a mix of office and site-based working and will involve working as a Graduate Geotechnical Engineer within the Service undertaking geotechnical data compilation and assessment, reporting and a broad range of geotechnical design work in relation to; foundations, floor slabs, roads and pavement, retaining structures, engineered (cut and embankment) slopes, earthworks, as well as investigation and treatment of mine-workings. It will also involve site-based work (relating to ground investigations, ground improvement, construction supervision, earthworks inspections and validation).
You will be involved in the design and delivery of large complex projects as well as small/medium sized specialist ones. You will be involved in the coordination of site work and construction ground-works operations (earthworks, ground improvement and/or geotechnical construction). You will be highly organised, have enthusiasm to learn, and will be curious with the aim of becoming technically independent. The role will be focused on servicing both internal and external clients as part of a delivery team and under the direction of a Team Leader.
The ideal candidate will be willing to accept the challenges and thrive within a growing and diverse engineering environment.
About the team
BWB is a leading Engineering and Environmental Consultancy. We have an established reputation for delivering high quality engineering and environmental consultancy services to corporate, industrial, development and financial clients across a variety of sectors.
The Ground Solutions team works either as part of multi-disciplinary BWB project teams or independently for a range of key clients. We provide timely and cost-effective ground consultancy services to the transportation, development, and property sectors on projects of any type or size.
The ideal candidates will have a degree, and ideally a Masters, in a geotechnical related discipline such as civil/geotechnical engineering or engineering geology. Some work experience in a relevant industry would be beneficial, but not essential. Ideally, they will be a graduate member of a relevant professional institute with the intention of working towards becoming chartered, in time.
The successful candidates will have initiative and drive and be able to deliver tasks with appropriate supervision. Successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Well-rounded geotechnical training/education and ideally some practical experience of geotechnical assessment and design.
- Competency with the MS Office suite of programs.
- Excellent communicator, both written and oral.
- Proactive approach with drive, positivity and enthusiasm and a strong desire to succeed.
- Ability to deliver work and tasks on time and a willingness to travel; a full driving license is essential.
- Ability to work within a team on multi-disciplinary schemes.
Reasons to join BWB
At BWB, we invest in our people and give them fantastic career opportunities. Look at what we have been recognised for recently:
- Investors in People Platinum standard.
- A Sunday Times Top 100 Best companies to work for.
- An NCE Top 100 Consultancy.
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
We are on an exciting journey. Join Us.
What we can offer you
- A competitive Salary – We benchmark all our salaries against the market and review these annually.
- Holiday – 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to buy extra days holiday per year to boost your entitlement.
- Life Assurance 4x salary.
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme – we’ll pay an Employer Contribution, even if you don’t wish to contribute yet and the contribution will increase with years’ service.
- Superb training – bespoke to you and your development needs.
- Professional Subscription – BWB will make a payment for one professional subscription a year.
- Social Fund – We will pay £25 per head per quarter to have a great time socialising with your colleagues outside of the work environment.
- Health-care cash plan for all your everyday medical needs such as dentistry and optical care.
- Loyalty bonus – bonus, additional holidays, pension enhancement and sabbaticals.
- Perkbox rewards scheme - providing our people with access to a range of employee discounts and benefits.
- Cycle to Work – Get excellent rates for a new bike and accessories through our scheme.
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity.
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity.