Assistant Building Surveyor Orpington 2024
calfordseaden is a leading multi-disciplined construction and property consultancy. We provide a definitive range of services to the UK building and construction industry covering civil & structural engineering, building & quantity surveying, clerk of works, project management, employers agent, architecture, mechanical & electrical engineering, sustainability, building information modelling, development monitoring, expert witness, rights of light, party wall and health & safety.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Building Surveyor seeking to kick start their career within an award winning multi-disciplinary consultancy, ranked 35 th in the top 150 consultancies.
We are currently looking for a full time Assistant Building Surveyor, with relevant degree to join our team of Building Surveyors. This role offers the opportunity to work with our Fire Consultancy team and gain valuable training in this highly sought after area of work. Working within a large team of specialist Building Surveyors experience will include Project Co-ordination, Contact Administration and general surveying duties across a range of projects and clients. Support with APC process available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Site Inspections
- Report Writing
- Reporting to Partners
- Information Gathering and Product Research
Minimum Candidate Requirements
The successful candidate will:
- Have an accredited degree at 2:1 or above
- Be able to demonstrate good oral, written communication and personal presentation skills
- Be willing to undertake further training and sit exams where required (fully funded).
- Demonstrate the ability to research issues and obtain information from Manufacturers/suppliers/British Standards/Building Regulations etc.
- Be organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Hold a CSCS card or obtain one during the first 3 months of employment.
- Have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work.
To be identified as a trusted client advisor; national in reach, local in service and selected for our quality and expertise in the built environment
Our values, which are:
- Collaboration – being one team and supporting each other to achieve the best results and maximise our potential
- Being Yourself – being true to ourselves and other and celebrating differences
- Social Value – recognizing and embracing the need for our work to have a positive social impact
- Excellence – Striving to be up with the best and at the forefront of what we do
- Support – providing investment, encouragement and support to bring out the best in our people
- Integrity – being honest and doing the right thing
Our brilliant team consists of individuals who are willing to go the extra mile to deliver the best results and are ultimately why our clients choose to work with us time and time again.
Wellbeing and Inclusion are at the forefront of our people strategy, and we are now happy to offer hybrid working on 95% of our roles and have recently committed to enhanced Family Leave schemes (after a qualifying period). We also invest heavily in Leadership and Management Development and Female Leadership Programmes. We are passionate about encouraging more diversity within the construction industry and are looking at apprenticeship and schools outreach programmes as part of our strategy.
If you are aligned to our values and are a talented and commercially minded Assistant Building Surveyor, please apply, or if this job isn’t quite right for you but you would like to start or progress a career within construction consultancy, please send us your CV for one of our future roles.
Training and Development
The Practice is keen to assist individuals in developing work related professional interests. The Practice takes training seriously, providing practical and financial assistance to all personnel.
Calfordseaden is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to and support the principles of equality of opportunity in employment, training and service delivery.