Graduate Manufacturing Engineer Cambridge 2024
We are looking for a Graduate Manufacturing Engineer to join our team after graduating in 2024. It’s exciting and challenging work alongside technical experts who have a passion for what they do, and you’ll be given real responsibility from day one.
You will be responsible for performing design for manufacture, and transfer to manufacture work on a range of products for our clients in the consumer, healthcare, industrial and energy sectors. You will be involved in all aspects of product development - from concept to manufacture.
You will join a collaborative working environment where you will have the support of an experienced team and you can expect to develop your technical skills and gain an understanding of real-world science and technology. You'll join our Graduate Development Programme and benefit from the support of an allocated mentor, a mix of training which will focus on consultancy and soft skill development, on the job learning to help you grow technically, and the support to achieve chartership.
This role will be highly hands-on in our Bourn, Cambridge office and there may also be an opportunity for international travel to a variety of client sites. If you are looking for a varied career, in a fast-paced environment where we offer our clients a truly end-to-end approach, then we would love to hear from you.
- A degree in Manufacturing Engineering. Alternatively, a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a post graduate qualification in Manufacturing.
- Eager can-do attitude
- Track record of leading and working on projects from concept through to production, taking responsibility for quality, time and profit
- Good presentation and client management skills
- A drive to rapidly absorb and develop further technical, project leadership, and sales skills
- Commercial awareness in at least one of the following environments: technical/design/manufacturing process consultancy; new product development; new product introduction; manufacturing process development
- Current hands-on expertise in areas such as: concept generation; system level design; engineering analysis and detail design; 3D CAD; prototyping and lab testing; design for high and low volume manufacture; design for high reliability; transfer to manufacture; manufacturing process development; world class manufacturing principles
Cambridge Design Partnership (CDP) is an end-to-end innovation partner, propelling global brands and ambitious start-ups to success. We build breakthrough products and services – from insight to ideas, prototypes to production – bringing innovation to life. Our teams are multi-disciplinary, uniting scientific rigor, design ingenuity, and engineering excellence for consumer, healthcare, and industrial clients.
People-centred, deeply collaborative, and – above all – expert, we’re uniquely positioned to shape the future for consumers, patients, and industry. Even our ownership model is innovative: We’re 100% owned by our employees, ensuring an open culture and a total commitment to our projects’ success. As part of our benefits package we offer:
- flexible working
- a discretionary bonus
- excellent learning and development opportunities
- a 12% non-contributory pension
- private healthcare
- share incentive plan
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free onsite lunch, snacks, and drinks