Marketing Sales Support Specialist Placement Desford 2024
When you join Caterpillar, you're joining a global team who cares not just about the work we do – but also about each other. We are the makers, problem solvers, and future world builders who are creating stronger, more sustainable communities. We don't just talk about progress and innovation here – we make it happen, with our customers, where we work and live. Together, we are building a better world, so we can all enjoy living in it.
Who is Caterpillar?
Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. Operating from 50 countries around the globe, the Caterpillar brand has developed into a symbol of strength, respect, and integrity. The organisation has a clear vision to be the global leader in providing customer value in the markets in which it operates. Our core values (Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, Commitment and Sustainability) are key to our success.
What do we do?
Caterpillar’s Desford facility is part of the Building Construction Products (BCP) division, manufacturing a range of world class Backhoe Loaders and Compact Wheel Loaders, as part of the wider BCP range of products. Desford is more than just a production facility – it is home to a range of functions with global scope, including HR, Finance, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Marketing.
What experiences can we offer you?
Provide Sales support to the global field sales rep teams and dealers to support prime product and work tool sales execution. Will also provide significant sales support to the CWL Product Group and New Product Introduction Managers during various NPI phases in terms of voice of the customer collection/communication, and documentation to obtain critical customer requirements. Competitor analysis is a key segment of sales support. As such, the role will encompass competitive analysis, followed up by sales support material creation being uploaded to catdealer.cat.com. In doing so, the candidate will work with the marketing communications team. The role by its very nature is extremely varied, which is part of its appeal.
Job duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support Sales Execution: Support the Product & Application Specialists with industry queries and application expertise to the global field sales rep teams and dealers to support prime product and work tool sales execution, price realization and improved value proposition
- Increase product application knowledge base for the family of CWL models and will be considered as a product group resource by the sales team. This will be achieved by familiarisation of the 90X and 91X product line i.e. In the iron
- Support product and application training to field reps, dealers & customers
- Identify, manage and provide reports on competitive performance studies, feature/benefit comparisons and maintenance and repair cost analysis
- Assist in defining and placing value on new product features, functional and technical specifications, and general product requirements
- Will deliver presentations to Cat and dealer personnel as well as assist with CWL related factory tours for customers
- Be heavily involved in the sales support material creation for social media platforms and go to market activities, especially within the aftermarket framework
- Film, create, edit and produce sales support videos to assist the global dealer and dealer sales force
- Support customer field follow visits and trade shows, some travel both national and international maybe required
We hold a Meet and Greet day for all new UK placement students to provide you with an opportunity to meet fellow new starters across the UK before you start your placement.
Who are we looking for?
As the type of roles within our business are becoming more diverse, we are looking for people who are open minded, excellent problem solvers and who have an ability to learn quickly. You will be motivated, hard-working, and will embrace change. In return for your dedication and hard work, you will be provided with excellent career opportunities and strong support for your personal and career development to pursue a career within Caterpillar.
- Applicants will be on target to achieve a minimum of 2:2 honours degree level in a relevant discipline.
- Applicants must be studying a degree from one of the following disciplines: Marketing, Business Management, Product Design, Engineering
Here is a brief overview of what you can expect when applying to our Early Career roles…
- Online Application: The first stage of the process is to complete the online application and attach your CV, this must be done before the closing date of the role that you're applying for. Once we reach the close date, we will begin reviewing all our applications, this may take a little while and we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know if you have been successful in moving forward to the next stage.
- Stage one – Video Interview: If selected, you will be invited to attend a pre-recorded user-friendly video interview which you have one week to complete and submit. You are able to record your answers several times to allow you plenty of practice if required. Please ensure that you check your spam emails for this invite. At this stage if you are successful, you will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre either onsite or virtually between January and April 2024.
- Stage two – Assessment Centre: The Assessment Centre Day will look at a range of behaviours such as teamwork, decision-making, communication, and problem-solving. We aim to make these days fun, inclusive and as relaxed as possible.
- Stage three – Offer: After the Assessment Centre, the Caterpillar team will review the feedback and extend offers to our preferred candidates, we aim to do this as quickly as possible. Placement Students will start on 8th July 2024.
We look forward to receiving your application to join Caterpillar!
How do I apply?
NOTE: Only one application is required, please do not apply for multiple roles. You may be given the opportunity of being considered for other roles/locations at a later stage.
The panel cannot make assumptions when shortlisting therefore please demonstrate your qualifications and experience on your CV relevant to the criteria outlined.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Click the apply button today and one of our friendly recruiters will be in touch.