Graduate Application Software Developer 2021
CGG is a global geoscience technology leader. Employing around 4,000 people worldwide, CGG provides a comprehensive range of data, products, services and equipment that supports the discovery and responsible management of the Earth’s natural resources.
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in the South-East England, which employees in excess of 350 staff, operating across a diverse global market with high profile European and International customers.
As an application software developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, improvement and on-going development of our cutting-edge uniquely designed software, used by our scientific teams to analyse and enhance subsurface data. As an integral member of our global development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
Educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or related Computing subjects
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Through formal education or self-learning, a good understanding and knowledge of C/C++ or Fortran, ideally based on a Linux platform
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support software solutions.
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to software performance and user interface improvements or delivery of new concepts
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG learning hub.
- Competative salary
- CGG bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite exercise opportunities and promotion of active lifestyles
- Recently refurbished kitchen facilities
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.