Machine Learning Engineer Internship
CGG is a pioneering Technology Company providing world-class fully integrated Geoscience services within the global energy sector. We employ in excess of 5,300 people worldwide, who bring a unique blend of talent and energy through working together to deliver unrivalled innovative solutions to our customers.
Through our cutting-edge Technology in Geoscience and customer focus, we have achieved outstanding leadership with a strong focus on innovation and a commitment to delivering the best sustainable solutions to our clients' energy challenges. We bring our clients a unique range of technologies and services, designed to generate stunning 3D images, geological data and remote sensing information of the Earth’s subsurface structures.
Become Part of our Team
We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in South-East England, operating across a diverse global market with high profile international customers.
As a Machine Learning engineer, you’ll play a vital role in the continual development of our processing and imaging techniques. You will work closely with researchers, the software development group and the scientists in our seismic imaging teams to implement deep learning solutions. You will be working with our Geoscientists to validate the potential opportunities for machine learning techniques, prepare data for training and testing, designing the model, training the model and deploying in production. As an integral member of our imaging team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
You are likely to be working towards a PHD degree or have completed an MSc in any of the following disciplines but a combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or similar.
Learning and Development
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs of each individual to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own CGG University platform.
- Competitive starting salary
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff
We Care about our Staff and Environment
We recognise the importance of work life balance for our employees, which is supported through our flexible working and relaxed dress code policies.
We recognise and actively support the wellbeing of our staff through many different initiatives;
- Onsite exercise classes and promoting active lifestyles
- Our restaurant, offering great food and a highly effective social and work space
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Many discounts schemes, including Gym membership and a cycle purchase scheme
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.