Software Engineering Internship 2021
We have some exciting summer internships available at Cisco within our Development teams and also our Supply Chain teams. The roles are spread across various locations in the UK.
As an engineering intern with Cisco, you will be given a specific project by the team you are assigned to and the tools to succeed in a very fast paced learning focused environment. Work at Cisco is rewarding and fun and we always encourage the contribution of individuals to our company success. Our interns will work with some of the industry’s leading professionals in the field from day one. These are paid internship opportunities and successful interns will be considered for full time jobs upon graduation.
What you will do
Software Engineering Development
Software engineering involves development and testing of new technologies and features, as well as maintenance and enhancement of existing products. We need flexible and creative candidates with a can-do attitude. Strong programming skills in C, C++, Java and C# or Scripting languages like Python are desirable. Experience of any of the following is an advantage: TCP/IP, VoIP, videoconferencing, video/audio codecs, signal processing, embedded systems design, operating system/device driver programming and GUI development.
What we are looking for
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related major such as Math, Physics (penultimate year)
- Due to receive a minimum of 2.1
- An understanding of computer science fundamentals and software engineering with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Possess creative problem solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills
- Understanding of Agile software development methods
- Excellent ability to collaborate and work together with other team members
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Penultimate year student either looking for a placement or a summer internship.
- Ability to live and work in the UK with no additional sponsorship from Cisco
- Must be fluent in English