2024, Finance, Full Time Associate
You’re the brains behind the work…
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Global Functions is looking for Financial Management Associates (FMA) to join the Finance Team in London. As part of the Finance function, your work can make an immediate impact. The Citi Finance Division in EMEA spans the Institutional Clients Group, Personal Banking and Wealth Management as well as Global Functions.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed
All FMAs participate in a comprehensive training program when they join in the Summer 2024. This training facilitates the ability for FMAs to immediately contribute to their initial rotation. The program begins with ‘Welcome Week’ where FMAs have the opportunity to hear from Citi’s senior finance leaders and network with others within Citi Finance. The week is followed by an intensive program led by internal and external subject matter experts. Topic include accounting, modelling, technical skills, and soft skills including presentation skills, communication skills and leadership skills as well as overviews of each of the major Citi businesses and Finance disciplines.
Your time here will look something like this
The FMA program is a global leadership development program for MBAs designed to create a pipeline of future Citi finance leaders with experience in multiple Finance disciplines (controllers, treasury, financial planning and analysis, tax and strategy.). The FMA program is unique due to the various business/region/function perspectives it offers.
For all rotations including first placements, FMAs will have an opportunity to gain experience working closely with senior managers to build leadership capabilities. FMAs will have an opportunity to support the Finance strategic priorities: progress Citi’s transformation, execute on strategy, improve financial management and performance, strengthen controls and continue to make Citi a great place to work.
The FMA program consists of three six-month rotations which broaden the FMAs' regional perspective both professionally and personally. You have the opportunity to contribute to multiple Finance disciplines. The FMA program provides the challenge of diverse rotational assignments in various finance areas across all Citi segments.
Several key elements of the FMA program include
- Senior Access – FMAs have frequent access to Citi’s senior finance leaders while working with selected managers who guide them to maximize their potential and develop their careers.
- Global Reach – Exposure to global perspective and businesses. FMAs have opportunities to build relationships with the Citi Finance community that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- Leadership – FMAs are encouraged to develop their management skills during their rotations.
- Responsibility – Part of Citi’s growth strategy depends on the entrepreneurial spirit of employees. FMAs can apply their leadership skills in a customized curriculum to accelerate learning and professional development.
- Empowerment – FMAs are challenged to become involved in the fast-paced analytical and dynamic financial environment of a world-class corporation.
Who we think will be a great fit
We are looking for motivated MBA candidates who are eager to start their careers at a global organization, can think globally and have an innovative outlook on business. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Good understanding of and passion for finance
- Eagerness for a broad and challenging career in financial management
- Strong analytical ability with a willingness to take initiative and offer creative solutions
- Resiliency to work in an environment of change and competition
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas simply and clearly
- The ability to build, develop and maintain relationships
- Ability to speak additional languages is also an advantage but not essential
We want to hear from you if
- You are in your final year finishing in Summer 2024 or have recently graduated.
- You are working towards an MBA or MFin with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business or Economics
- You hold a significant amount of related work experience
- You are technologically proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
- You have strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You are able to build and maintain excellent business relationships
We review applications on a rolling basis and therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
This role currently offers a hybrid working model, with a mandatory three days in your assigned office, and an optional two days from home. Citi supports this business model, subject to business approval.
Successful candidates will be offered a competitive salary. The role will be based at 40 Bank Street - London, E14 5NR, United Kingdom.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.