ACCESS Work Placement 2021
Our response to this is our bespoke two-year development programme - Clifford Chance ACCESS.
This pioneering programme consists of seven different components, each focused around specific core areas of your personal and professional development; ACCESS Development, ACCESS Mentors, ACCESS Experience, ACCESS Tutoring, ACCESS Action, ACCESS Coaching, ACCESS Network.
What you'll be doing
This application is specifically for ACCESS Development: your introduction to law and your first step towards a training contract. This is a four-day work placement in our Canary Wharf office where you will take part in a variety of sessions to inform you about a career in law as well as developing skills such as networking, presentation and team work.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions our August 2021 ACCESS London and ACCESS Newcastle programmes will be one combined scheme, running on the same dates and will be held virtually.
What you need to know
Dates: 16th-19th August 2021
Applications open: 1st April 2021
Applications close: 30th June 2021
What you'll need
In order to apply to Clifford Chance ACCESS, you must meet the following qualifying criteria:
- You are in Year 12 (England and Wales), S5 (Scotland) or Lower Sixth (Northern Ireland)
- You are attending, and have attended from age 11, a state-funded, non fee-paying school/college
- You grew up in a household where no parent or guardian attended university.
In addition, you must also meet one or more of the following criteria:
- You are currently in receipt of, or have previously received, free school meals, Pupil Premium, Education Maintenance Allowance and/or a 16 to 19 Bursary
- You are attending a school or college with a:
a) below average A-level or Higher point score; and/or
b) low rate of progression to higher education
- You have been, or are currently, in local authority care (for a period of three months or longer)
- You are, or have been, a full-time or part-time carer
- You came to the UK as a refugee or asylum seeker.
Note: young people who meet the local authority care criterion do not need to meet any other criterion.
- You need to attend every day of the programme.
- Once you have submitted your application you will receive a link to complete a Watson Glaser critical reasoning test (within 5 working days). You will then have 5 days to complete this test.
- Unlike our graduate roles, you will not be rejected based on this test score – however we will consider this alongside your application review. Remember to use our practice Watson Glaser Test and try to prepare yourself as best you can.
- We do not recruit on a rolling basis and therefore you will find out whether you have been given a place on ACCESS after the deadline.
Please note that you can only apply to one ACCESS scheme a year.