Bright Futures - Access 2024
The Bright Futures - Access programme offers first year law, or penultimate year non-law undergraduate students from lower socioeconomic background an opportunity to gain commercial work experience.
The week-long hybrid programme includes 3 days in our London office, giving you the opportunity to shadow one of our lawyers and meet many more through networking and panel sessions. You'll be able to develop an understanding of our core industry sectors and learn how we help our clients to achieve their commercial objectives. You will also meet the Early Careers Team who will support you with your journey into law, through organising development sessions and networking opportunities.
Impress us at the end of the week in an assessment centre and you could be fast-tracked on to our 2025 Vacation Scheme.
To be eligible for this programme, candidates must be either first year law or penultimate year non-law students. Candidates must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- You were eligible for free school meals between the ages of 11-16
- You have grown up in a household where no parent/guardian had attended university
- You have experience of another form of social disadvantage
If you are eligible for 'Bright Futures - Access' and 'Bright Futures - Black Talent', we ask that you submit ONE application to Bright Futures - Black Talent'. You cannot apply to both streams.
We use RARE a contextualised recruitment system to ensure fairness and equality and review applications holistically.
Strengths Based Assessment
During our process we are assessing candidates based on the strengths that will deliver success in a trainee role. This is great for the individual, doing work they love, and great for the employer, having team members who love what they do.
Bright Futures - Access: 8 April - 12 April 2024
Deadline to apply: 4th January 2024
- Complete an online application
- Digital simulation - consisting of a situational assessment & video interview
- Virtual strengths-based interview
- Offers and feedback
- Please note: You should only apply to one programme per recruitment cycle.