Scotland Summer Vacation Scheme 2024
If you're keen to embark on a career in law, a vacation scheme with us could be the perfect stepping stone. Our schemes will give you a real insight into our firm, the opportunity to learn about how the law is applied in our core industry sectors and we'll always aim to enable you to be placed in the department of your choice.
That's not all...
The vacation scheme is your opportunity to get to know us, and our opportunity to get to know you. Across the scheme you'll complete a number of assessments, including an interview. We'll use these, together with feedback from your supervisor and team, to decide whether to offer you a training contract.
What to expect
- Be immersed in our firm and the work we do from day one
- Experience real work by observing cases, drafting responses, providing advice and preparing research
- Get involved in significant deals, meetings and negotiations
- Your contribution will be rewarded too - £450 per week
- See how our lawyers provide a complete legal service to clients in our core practice areas
- Attend court hearings, arbitrations and mediations to see the different types of litigation available first-hand
- Attend seminars, networking events and social events with colleagues and clients
- Summer Vacation Scheme: 3 June - 14 June 2024
- Deadline: 4 January 2024
- Location: You can be based in either the Edinburgh or Glasgow office
- You must be a penultimate year Scots law student (undergraduate or accelerated LLB)
- On track to achieving a 2:1
- AAB at A-Level or Highers (Mitigating circumstances will be taken into consideration)
We use RARE a contextualised recruitment system to ensure fairness and equality and review applications holistically.
Strengths Based Assessment
During our process we are assessing candidates based on the strengths that will deliver success in a role. This is great for the individual, doing work they love, and great for the employer, having team members who love what they do.
What we offer
Throughout your time with us, you can expect unrivalled training and support. You'll have a dedicated buddy on hand to help you over the two weeks - and beyond if you accept a training contract with us. You'll also receive guidance from a senior fee earner along with coaching and support from our early careers team - especially when it comes to your training contract interviews. Your contribution will be rewarded too - £450 per week.
- Complete an online application
- Digital simulation - consisting of a situational assessment & video interview
- Virtual assessment centre - consisting of a short written exercise and an interview
- Offers and feedback
Please note: You should only apply to one programme per recruitment cycle.