Project Management Graduate Programme Hatfield 2024
On the Project Management Graduate Scheme at Computacenter, you will be joining Computacenter’s well-established and successful Projects Practice as a Graduate Project Manager.
You will join a business unit which is renowned for effectively supporting and developing our people. You will be given the training and support to work towards confidently delivering IT projects for our customers, some of the world’s leading organisations, spanning across both Public and Private Sectors.
In simple terms, you’d be joining a company who advise organisations on getting the most from their IT, we implement the most appropriate technology solutions, and we even manage our customers’ infrastructure – we do it all!
Project Management is all about people, our team works across all these areas to ensure we deliver successful project outcomes and delight our customers - so you can contribute to a team helping our customers to change the world.
What you’ll do
During the 12-month programme, you will be given a thorough induction and training period, where you will learn from a range of experts from across the business.
- You will learn the fundamentals of Project Management, as well as our specific systems and our Project Management methodology & processes.
- You will support project managers on well-known customer accounts.
- Be aligned a buddy and a mentor from our team of experienced Project Managers, to support with your learning & development journey.
- Complete structured training, including completing a Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner course.
- Develop your network by going on business area rotations.
- Have exposure to other functions across our business, to understand how we operate.
Following successful completion of the 12-month programme you will graduate and move into your pre-aligned Practice as a Project Manager – if you’ve performed successfully, this milestone will be accompanied with a review of your remuneration.
What you’ll need
Are you currently an undergraduate in your final year at university, or have you recently graduated? We are looking for applicants who:
- Are driven and committed to provide outstanding levels of service.
- Have good financial and commercial acumen.
- Are ambitious, with a desire to succeed and would like to be part of an innovative global IT company that puts its people at the heart of what they do.
- Enjoy team collaboration and can build good working relationships at all levels.
- Can adapt to situations and step out of their comfort zone to solve problems and make decisions.
- Can confidently contribute ideas and suggestions on how we can be more innovative.
- Are organised, with the ability to learn and analyse information quickly.
- Bring theoretical learnings from their studies and put them into practice with Computacenter’s Project Management team.
- Be prepared to work remotely and commute to our core Computacenter hubs across the UK where required, as well as work onsite with our customers when appropriate.
With over 20,000 employees across the globe, we work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology, and helping our customers to source, transform and manage their technology infrastructure in over 70 countries. We deliver digital technology to some of the world’s greatest organisations, driving digital transformation, enabling people and their business.