User Acceptance Tester Bristol 2024
This is a hybrid position primarily based in Bristol. We’re committed to your flexibility and wellbeing and our hybrid strategy currently requires two days a week in the office, giving you the option to work remotely for some of your working week.
We give you a world of potential
Computershare are currently looking to recruit a User Acceptance Tester to join a team within Computershare Investor Services.
The UAT Tester role within the Product Team operates within this division at a regional level, requiring close collaboration with other teams within the DPS Business and in addition; CTS Development & Support, Group Operations, DPS Contact Centre, Finance, Billing, Risk, Compliance and Legal.
The DPS tester works as part of the Product Team ensuring all solutions delivered meet the desired outcome. They must validate the solutions fit with the business processes and meet the requirements and success criteria defined for any change delivered to test.
Why would you choose this role when there are other User Acceptance Tester roles in the market? Well, there are a few things that make this role stand out:
- Opportunity to be part of a supportive team promoting a great team culture.
- You will have flexibility with the opportunity to manage your own time.
- Career progression, as we will help you move forward based on your aspirations.
This role will be based in our Bristol office 2 days currently.
A role you will love
The primary purpose of the role is to complete the final phase of testing of new features and ensure readiness for delivery to our customers.
You will own the delivery of the activities for which you are responsible as part of the defined UAT plan at each phase of delivery.
Some key responsibilities:
- Define and plan the UAT phase – ensuring people and resources are aligned with the scenarios being tested (where required).
- Understand in detail the items being delivered into UAT, attend sprint demos and review the sprint initiation.
- Work with functional areas to capture the key scenarios to be tested, co-ordinate the creation of test scripts/storyboards and create other supporting artefacts as necessary, including, but not limited to: data setup, hardware, process diagrams, training material, systems.
- Execution of the UAT plan.
- Troubleshoot issues and analyse to determine whether it is a defect, bug or an enhancement required.
- Raise bugs/defects with the development team and prioritise and track through to conclusion.
- Communicate and escalate progress status and ensure progress made as per schedule.
- Provide business UAT sign-off and through formal closure.
What will you bring to the role?
You will demonstrate previous experience as a UAT or have a clear passion for the role.
Other key skills required for the role include:
- The Business Tester requires strong Analytical Skills and a broad knowledge of tools and techniques that will enable testing to be conducted and completed accurately and efficiently.
- You should have experience of managing and executing test plans as well as the construction and design of a full User Acceptance Test phase.
- The role requires exceptional attention to detail, specifically in relation to the management and execution of agreed test scripts and scenarios. The Business Tester is expected to support decision making in relation to test script execution, ensuring deadlines are met.
- You must have good communication skills and able to form positive relationships with stakeholders across the business line. Good organisation and attention to detail skills are required.
- Expected to be a self-starter and have the ability to work in isolation or as part of team as work dictates.
Rewards designed for you
- Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll receive a company contribution as well.
- Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
- Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
- Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
- Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organizations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
- Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.