Assistant Quantity Surveyor Doncaster 2024
A fantastic opportunity is available for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join the major contracts team.
We are a well-established and award-winning design, build and reactive maintenance company with offices in Doncaster, Nottingham and London working across the UK and internationally. We have been in business for over 30 years and have a reputation for quality, excellence and delivering projects on time and in budget.
As an integral team within the business, the quantity surveyors work on a large range of commercial, leisure and hospitality projects varying greatly in budget, size, and complexity, with a key role in managing project costs and profitability throughout the life cycle of a project, be it small or large, whilst creating and maintaining the clients trust and building professional relationships.
This role will be primarily based at our head office in Doncaster but may require national travel dependent on project location. The role may offer some hybrid working opportunities and the successful candidate will need to be able to work effectively independently as well as part of the team. This is a very varied and hands on role in a fast-paced environment, so it offers a lot of opportunities for development and to expand your knowledge.
What you will do
The day-to-day duties will include:
- Take accurate and informative briefing notes from clients when required to allow for robust pricing, including check measures and the like.
- Be a key member of the Quantity Surveying team, working with a can-do attitude with a positive outlook conducive of inter-departmental synergy.
- Taking off drawings and producing accurate Bills of Quantities/SoW’s.
- Subcontract and supplier procurement, including detailed analysis.
- Produce and update procurement tracker.
- Regular site visits
- Monitor, value, capture and agree variations in line with contact requirements.
- Assist in producing valuations in line with contract requirements.
- Assist in monitoring, measure, and report key profit opportunities and concerns.
- Producing and present accurate CVR’s.
- Work closely with intercompany departments as required throughout project process.
- Production of accurate and timely final accounts.
- Assist with project tenders when applicable.
- Update of Concorde Project Portal information.
- Utilising correct CBGW documentation.
- Keeping folders up to date on the company Egnyte server.
Required skills and experience
- Confident capable team player
- Aligned behaviours with company culture and values to promote interdepartmental synergy.
- Good attention to detail is key.
- Ideally post graduate Quantity Surveying experience, ideally in a construction-based role.
- Strong decision making & negotiation skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in MS Excel & IT systems
- High-level numeracy skills
- Approachable demeaner
- Effective personal time management of self
- Capable of working to targeted KPIs.
- Full driving license
Package and perks
This role is based at our recently refurbished Doncaster office with excellent staff facilities, free parking, free tea, coffee and snacks etc.
Our Concorde Culture programme also offers many great perks including free fruit, paid social events, Westfield Health membership, birthday treats and Feast Friday lunches - pizza anyone? The successful applicant will receive a company laptop/ phone and will also be enrolled in company pension scheme. As a growing business we offer many opportunities for training, progression and development and work closely with our teams to help them achieve their goals.
This position benefits from 20 days annual leave, with additional days awarded for long service up to 23 days, plus bank holidays, and paid leave while the business is closed over the festive period - who doesn't love a nice, long Christmas break?
We can offer a competitive salary, starting from £24,000 which will be negotiable dependant on experience. This a permanent contract working 37.5 hours (Monday – Friday).
Please send CVs directly to email@example.com or alternatively follow the links on our careers page.
Concorde BGW Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace – we work with a wide range of businesses and individuals that come from all walks of life and so do we. We employ great people from a variety of backgrounds that share our passion and live our core company values of Pride, Teamwork, Innovation, Clarity and Integrity.
We celebrate diversity and individuality so regardless of your race, age, religion, gender or any characteristic that makes you, you, if you share our values and our enthusiasm for growing our businesses, you will find a home at Concorde BGW Ltd.
Please note that we can accept UK based applications only. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor right to work visas.