International Trade and Transaction Banking 12 Month Internship London 2024
Crédit Agricole CIB is the corporate and investment banking arm of Crédit Agricole Group, the 10th largest banking group worldwide in terms of balance sheet size (The Banker, July 2022). 8,600 employees in more than 30 countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia-Pacific, the Middle-East and North Africa, support the Bank's clients, meeting their financial needs throughout the world.
Crédit Agricole CIB offers its large corporate and institutional clients a range of products and services in capital market activities, investment banking, structured finance, commercial banking and international trade. The Bank is a pioneer in the area of climate finance, and is currently a market leader in this segment with a complete offer for all its clients.
- Support the TB team in general in all of its functions and needs. This involves assisting with research, preparation of files for KYC, business committees, credit process, legal documentation, liaison with other departments of the bank including the international network and Head Office of CACIB, as well as Back/Middle Office and teams of other Support Functions.
- Assist the team in producing call reports of client meetings plus pitch documentation and where required update and disseminate information on clients
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of developments across all sectors and industries covering Cash Management (CM), Short Term Credit (STC), Receivables & Supply Chain Finance (RSF) or other equivalent CRÉDIT AGRICOLE CIB (CACIB) products for this market.
- Promote and support the development of TB UK capabilities with Head Office and our International Network.
- Ensure compliance on budget, financial control, RPC, audit and regulatory requirements as appropriate for the job description.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts (income, assets, expenses).
- Ensuring that all necessary waiver requests and amendments are prepared and submitted to the Risk Department.
- Follow the credit sanctioning process by preparing credit applications and presenting such applications to the relevant ITB committee.
- Assisting Coverage and Transaction banking teams in the preparation of Credit Applications and advising in relation to proposed levels of participation.
- Assess transactions (structure, reputation, technical, operational).
- Provide timely advice to the Credit Department of any changes in the quality of deals/transactions.
Counterparties and clients
- Support the team to maintain and enhance relationships with existing clients and target new clients in keeping with the business plan (in conjunction with Coverage) to help achieve a higher penetration of the UK market place.
- Support, maintain and enhance relationships with Corporates and Financial Institutions involved with ITB products.
- Attending ad hoc local coverage meetings to discuss current issues/business strategy/cross sell where appropriate.
- Developing marketing/promotional material, including presentations to clients and CRÉDIT AGRICOLE GROUP staff where required following a review with local coverage/ITB team.
- Key Internal contacts
- TB / GTF Sales
- TB / GTF Product
- Legal Department
- Middle Office
- GMD: UK Corporate Sales, FX teams.
Key external contacts
- CRÉDIT AGRICOLE GROUP entities.
- Clients/Potential clients of CRÉDIT AGRICOLE CIB.
- TB/CM/RSF/STC Teams within international banks based and active in the London market.
- Trade Finance teams within international banks bas
Minimum level of study
- Bachelor Degree/BSc Degree or equivalent
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent Banking qualifications.
- Some prior experience (or course attended) in Corporate/Structured Finance or
- Credit analysis.
- Experience in Cash Management and/or Trade Finance.
Minimum experience level
- 0-2 years
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Team player.
- IT literate (inter alia, Microsoft Office)
- Excellent potential marketing / selling skills (product).
- Good understanding of risk management
- Product knowledge
- Fluent in English
- French desirable