Materials & Logistics Placement Huddersfield 2024
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Materials & Logistics Placement Student to join our team specializing in Supply Chain Planning for our Components Business Segment in Huddersfield. This is a full-time, hybrid position working 37.5 hours per week. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
What you'll do
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Working with Materials, Demand Management, Account Management, Warehousing and Operations to ensure efficient management of production plans & inventory control processes.
- Assisting functional team members to improve internal processes for inventory management including 3PL inventory tracking, coordinating and releasing assembly line production plans.
- Resolving problems identified by internal team members and assisted functions.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop and improve foundational planning & control.
- Manipulating and using data to establish the basis for actions. Sourcing information, interpreting, developing, and implementing solutions to achieve results on time.
- Assisting the department to achieve its business goals and, representing and promoting Cummins Turbo Technologies and the department internally and externally to Customers and Suppliers.
What you'll need
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- We are looking for a wide range of applicants studying towards a Business/Supply Chain/Logistics/Transportation related degree.
- Confident communicator with great teamwork and organizational skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills with excellent time management.
- Good Microsoft Office skills required including Excel with the ability to confidently interact with and interpret data.
Working at Cummins
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity, and/or expression or other status protected by law.