Technical Procurement Placement Huddersfield 2024
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Procurement Placement Student to join our team specializing in Purchasing for our Corporate/CBS Segment in UK, Huddersfield. During your placement with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Prototype procurement including order management, building supplier relationships, expediting components from global locations, and communicating updates.
- Supporting engineering function in sourcing of components for validation and test work. Works to build relationships with the engineering function to ensure deliverables are met in line with test requirements.
- Working with the global technical sourcing team to support procurement and supplier risk management administration activities such as supplier confidentiality agreements.
- Opportunity to work with different business units within Cummins.
- Develop team’s common processes, tools, and resources.
- Preparing and presenting project updates to business.
What you'll need
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Working towards a degree in preferably supply chain or business related although not limited to these subjects.
- Basic knowledge of supply chain practices; Awareness of purchasing ethics and risk management.
- Structured approach to problem solving and of project management, combined with the ability to manage concurrent project and deal with various priorities; Demonstrate working to committed deadlines.
- IT literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and online communication tools.
Working at Cummins
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity, and/or expression or other status protected by law.