Graduate Project Manager Manchester 2024
Currie & Brown has an opportunity for a graduate to work within the project management team to be based in the Manchester office.
We recruit exceptional graduates of all degree backgrounds who aspire to be project management leaders in a construction consultancy environment.
Your responsibilities will include
- Having full involvement in projects from the start: the role is varied and no two projects are the same
- Managing relationships with clients, contractors and colleagues
- Conducting individual study in your own time towards achieving chartered surveyor status
Training and progression (APC programme)
We will provide training through our industry leading structured RICS APC programme. With your commitment and our support, you’ll become chartered in a minimum of two years (longer if a conversion course is required).
Attaining RICS accreditation is a standard requirement for Currie & Brown’s professional employees. The company seeks to produce high-calibre practitioners through its rigorous programme. Candidates will commit to ongoing studying and document preparation, while regular assessment ensures progress and identifies where further study or support is required.
The programme includes
- Self-study outside business hours
- Bonus payment on completion of APC
- Mentorship from an experienced colleague
- Training sessions with an external APC coach
- Quarterly assessments
- Coaching in soft skills
- Individual face-to-face and telephone support in the six months leading up to the final assessment
Post APC Programme development
Once you gain chartership you can join a formal development programme designed to move the focus of learning into areas of commerciality, leadership and business development
As an APC candidate, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Salary reviews twice a year
- 25 days’ annual leave, increasing to 27 after five years with the company
- Option to ‘buy’ more annual leave
- Pension scheme membership, with a matched employer contribution of up to 5%
- Company car allowance upon achieving chartership
- Private healthcare scheme membership
- Life insurance at twice your salary
- Healthy living subsidy in the form of a taxable annual payment of £400 towards the cost of a sports club or gym
- Professional membership subscription
- An interest-free season ticket loan
- Bike to work scheme
- Opportunities to get involved with CSR activities
- Social fund and social committee to support activities for all employees
- ‘Congratulations’ payments when employees get married or enter into a civil partnership
- Dress-down and early finish on Fridays
Why choose Currie & Brown?
Unlike some businesses, we prioritise for the long term and honour our commitments. We are compassionate and inclusive in the way we approach our work, and always look to invest in our people’s futures. Be it a desire to work internationally, a drive to progress, or even a curiosity to operate in a new sector, we are there for our people at every stage – providing advice, support and the structure to achieve. That is why so many of us have established and built successful careers here for so long.
We don’t offer just a job we offer a career with clear structured route to progression, and a track record of making international mobility happen with international moves encouraged on a permanent or secondment basis.
We are an international industry leader – Working for us provides the chance to work for a leading brand with a focus on excellence, being digitally-led in our approach, we present the chance to work on some of the world’s most prestigious projects and for some of the world’s top clients.
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work everyday and that is why we firmly believe equality, diversity and inclusion should be fundamental in creating a successful work force.
We offer comprehensive benefits packages in all our global regions which have been specifically tailored to offer additional rewards to our employees from entry level to senior executives.