Game Programmer - All levels - 2021
Deep Silver Dambuster Studios have exciting opportunities within their highly talented and energetic game code team for Game Programmers at all levels.
We are looking for a self-driven and experienced individual to join the engineering team which is working on a sandbox AAA title for next generation hardware. As part of the gamecode group you will architect systems and features which empower the wider team to deliver immersive experiences and emergent gameplay scenarios. You should be somebody that lives to solve technical challenges and be the kind of person who strives to make a big difference to the whole game team’s workflow..
Whether you are fresh from academia, an industry veteran, or something in-between, we are looking to hear from you!
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- A strong academic background.
- Strong 3d maths, software engineering & problem solving skills.
- The ability to analyse and break down design requirements into defined code tasks.
- The ability to identify opportunities to optimise code in order to remain within performance and memory budgets.
- The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
- A desire to learn new skills and build on existing abilities.
- Should be able to work amongst cross discipline groups in the delivery of shared goals.
- Good written and verbal English skills.
- Great communication skills, friendly, open minded, positive, self-motivated, proactive, willing to take direction.
- Ability to work with levels of supervision appropriate to the role.
- Experience of console development.
- Previous experience working in a specialist area. E.g. AI, Physics, Networking, Audio.
- Tools and pipeline development.
- A genuine interest in playing games.
- Third party game engine experience.
Our hiring process for this role
If you are successfully shortlisted for one of our engineering roles we will contact you to confirm an engineering test has been sent to you via email. Please check that the email has not gone to your Junk folder.
Our engineering test is a series of questions that will help us understand your overall programming ability, general technical knowledge and approach to problem solving in a software development context. You will be given 90 minutes to complete the test during a 7 day time window. After your test answers have been submitted, we will review your answers and invite successful candidates to the studio for a face to face interview with members of our engineering teams.
What we can offer you:
- An industry competitive salary.
- A creative and collaborative work environment with genuine opportunities to progress within the studio.
- Cutting edge development environment with access to the latest technologies.
- Funded learning and development opportunities.
- An experienced, passionate and diverse team.
- An exciting high-profile project.
- A vibrant, modern and well-serviced city centre location.
- Gym membership scheme.
- Free financial advice.
- Salary sacrifice based workplace pension scheme.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Employee referral bonus scheme.
- Group life assurance policy.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Relocation assistance.
And a whole host of other soft benefits that help make Dambuster such a great place to work
- Flexible start and end times to the working day.
- Support and encouragement to participate in outreach opportunities.
- Twice yearly studio funded team building events.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Regular performance and development appraisals.
- Weekly events such as breakfast Monday, coffee Wednesday and pastry Friday.
- Monthly project and studio updates.
- Seasonal events such as Halloween, Easter and the countdown to Xmas with charity bake sales, raffles and costume competitions for those who wish to participate.
- Annual Christmas party and family focused summer BBQ.
- Free fruit & soft drinks.
- Peer nominated SuperStar of the month award.