Future Leaders Graduate Programme (Life Sciences and Healthcare) 2024
Founded in 1969, DHL is the world's leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world's leading logistics provider and by DHL joining Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow. DHL Supply Chain has 6 Business Units all of which offer Graduate opportunities, here you read more about working for our Life Sciences and Healthcare Business unit.
The programme overview
Our focus on the Life Sciences and Healthcare (LSHC) sector means you can benefit from working with specialists who are experts in logistics, procurement and value added hospital services. As we understand this unique marketplace we are able to provide a total supply chain solution from sourcing to ward delivery. We know that organisations in this sector need to meet their core mission which is putting the healthcare needs of people and patients at the forefront. We are proud to have these values at the heart of everything we do in LSHC. We understand the unique challenges of this market and help life sciences companies build excellent patient-centric value chains that are agile without jeopardising profitability. We work with the largest manufacturers in the world and have experts across each sector, working with our customers to optimise their supply chain.
Our UK nationwide Future Leaders Programme is all about developing Senior Leaders of the future in our operations. By working in our warehousing and transport operations we will give you the skills and experience you need to fast track your way through DHL. From day one, you'll take on real responsibility with a supportive culture that helps you get the most out of your time as a graduate, whilst building on your people and stakeholder management skills and becoming an expert in all things Operations.Logistics is more than getting the product from A to B. At DHL Supply Chain we combine management and value-added services with our customised, integrated logistics solutions which drives resilience, efficiency, improves quality and creates competitive advantage.
In our Life Sciences and Healthcare business unit you will take a quality-centric approach in ensuring that the right medications, services and medical technology can safely reach at-risk patients in a safe and timely condition. You will proudly be putting patients at the heart of everything you do. From handling, packaging and transporting life saving drugs and technology to patient transport and procurement, you will experience and learn about the life saving work we do and also become a crucial part of Connecting People, Saving Lives.
Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company.
- Help us pave the way to enhance customer and employee experiences and improve operational performance
- To coordinate and provide support in the running of a safe and efficient operation
- Prepare and execute the shift handover with coordinators of next shift
- Conduct pre-shift meetings, communicating site performance indicators and improvement actions
- Individual and team management to include monitoring team and individual performance against KPIs
- Participate in Projects within site
- Get involved with and support Continuous Improvement
- Learning the end to end processes at your placement site
- Participate and engage in CSR activities
- During your time on the programme you will progress to manage people and relationships with Customers and Stakeholders
- Contribute to site development and lead projects
- Understand the importance of quality and compliance within the core processes that we execute across the business unit
What will the programme looks like
- 24 -month structured Programme (2 x 12-month placements)
- Placements will be based at a minimum of 2 sites across the 2-year programme
- Completion of Operation Departmental ILM Manager Level 5 Qualification (alongside our internal Certified Supervisory training)
- Based in warehouse or Transport Operations
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured learning plan.
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions.
- The opportunity to network with the wider graduate and apprentice population.
- Give back to the community through DHL's Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
Required personal qualities
- A desire to be a People Manager and to guide teams of people through the day-to-day business
- Do not need to have completed a degree in an associated area (I.e. Supply Chain Management)
- A desire to work with others in a team environment and a willingness to learn
- Fully mobile to relocate within the UK (graduates are required to relocate every 12 months for their placements whilst on the programme)
- Must hold a valid UK driving license or be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required
- Eligibility to work in the UK (DHL does not offer visa sponsorships)
- Must be fluent in English
- No minimum degree grade
- As part of the Operation Departmental ILM Manager Level 5 Qualification, you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years as it is a government funded apprenticeship programme
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary will increase throughout the programme, and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Want to know more?
Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear from our LSHC Managing Director and ask any more questions you have. Click here to register for the event.
Our application process is simple – you'll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you'll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
Life Sciences and Healthcare Experience Day Date: 14 February 2024 in person in Birmingham