Project Management Graduate Programme 2024
Founded in 1969, DHL is the world's leading logistics company. Our 395,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help our customers cross borders, reach new markets and grow their businesses. DHL Supply Chain, part of the DHL Group, is the world's leading logistics provider and by DHL joining Supply Chain, you are joining a company that offers limitless opportunities to grow. As a business we are constantly innovating but also changing and the Operation Excellence Project Management team are there to support that process, drive projects to keep us at the forefront of the logistics market and deliver what is needed for our customers to be successful.
The programme overview
The DHL Project Management Graduate Programme provides exciting placement opportunities for graduates to experience working on and managing medium to large projects, in line with DHL project management methodology to achieve real, successful delivery. Graduates are empowered to take the initiative, to get involved and achieve high-impact results that make a difference to our business, customers, and the environment.
During the programme, you'll manage the overall planning, status reporting, stability and project delivery of live projects - developing detailed plans, schedules, estimates, resourcing and status reports in order to maintain DHL customer satisfaction. You will be trained to obtain feedback from key stakeholders and provide accurate reporting at critical milestones and manage stakeholder relationships. More important than technical knowledge, we are looking for people who have a real passion for Project Management and engaging with our customers to develop innovative solutions. Are you are looking to become commercially aware, analytical, thrive on challenges and take a proactive approach in a fast-paced environment?
As a market leader in logistics and supply chain, we give you scope to reach your career goals, however high you're aiming. As a DHL graduate you will benefit from rotating in a variety of business sectors, which involves working with some of DHL's high profile customers across retail, Consumer & Convenience, Life Sciences, Manufacturing Logistics, Transport, and Supply Chain Solutions.
Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company.
- Learn how to be a Project Person in reality not just in theory across variety of project activity in Supply Chain ie Final Mile or green field new builds
- Respond to both internal and external customer project requirements
- Work with Warehouse and Transport systems as part of implementation
- Work on both business as well as IT projects to gain wider understanding from a project management perspective
- Control of project lifecycles starting small and then working through varying degrees of complexity
- Work within the project management competency framework which is aligned to the APM competency framework
- Gain an insight into people change management, risk management, schedule management, issue management and communications styles
What will the programme look like
- 36-month structured programme (Multiple placements based on live projects / working win the central Portfolio Capability Office and then across multiple business units once finished initial start in PCO working through varying levels of project roles
- Placements will differ being based at site or located regionally but you will always be regarded as a mobile worker, so we will not ask you to move house to suit a project location
- Early accountability and fast progression
- Completion of professional Project Management qualification (APM – Project Management Qualifications)
- Experience of working within diverse sites and environments
- Regular performance feedback and personal growth planning through a structured development plan
- Contribute to DHL's sustainability 2050 mission of zero emissions
- Give back to the community through DHL's Foundation by helping achieve the vision to end youth unemployment
Required personal qualities
- You do not require a project delivery background, but you must have an interest in the discipline
- Passion for providing an excellent service to our customers, with innovative ideas and practical solutions
- A desire to work with others in a team environment and a willingness to learn
- Fully mobile to work within the UK ideally Midlands based to minimise travel / time away from home
- Must hold a valid UK driving license with access to a reliable, serviced vehicle at the start of the programme or in order to be self-reliant to travel to multiple sites when required
- Eligibility to work in the UK (DHL does not offer visa sponsorships)
- Must be fluent in English
- No minimum degree grade
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, mental health support, and private GP services. As a Graduate your salary and grade increase throughout and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.
At DHL we want everyone to be their true selves in the workplace. We are committed to ensuring people feel like they can contribute and that they belong. We primarily focus on 6 key pillars, Ability, Ethnic and National origin, Religion, Gender, LGBTQ+ and Generations and in the UKI we are committed to focus on Educating, Supporting and Celebrating diversity!
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics. After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Want to know more?
Join us for a live Insights session where you can hear from our Project Delivery Leadership Team and our current graduates to ask any more questions you may have. Click here to register for the event.
Our application process is simple – you'll complete an online application form, then take an online strengths assessment, followed by an online job simulation. Provided you meet the required criteria, you'll be invited to an Experience Day where we can meet you.
Project Management Experience Day Date: 6 March 2024 in person in Rugby.