Food Safety Quality & Animal Welfare (Dunbia Treburley) Placement Launceston 2024
Dunbia is one of Europe’s leading food companies and the desire to create better food naturally is the driving force behind everything they do. Through a combination of organic growth, strategic acquisition and entrepreneurial vision Dunbia has grown into a multi-site, multi-species operation, processing cattle and sheep for national and international markets.
Working with more than 30,000 British and Irish farmers, the company partners with some of the world’s leading food companies who are attracted by its commitment to sustainability and quality.
We have a number of opportunities across our sites throughout the UK for a student placement in food safety, quality and animal welfare (FSQAW) department within Dunbia. This placement will engage you in a driven supportive team within a fast paced environment where no two days are the same.
You will have the opportunity to experience the red meat food supply chain through a specifically developed work placement program ensuring you gain relevant experience and an opportunity to put your skills and knowledge into practice.
Your work placement will include legislative and regulatory standards, challenges and risks associated with food safety and quality, sampling and testing, auditing and compliance, and project work. Along with an overview of how food safety and quality fits into the supply chain as a whole and the impact on the food we eat.
You will be hands on from the start, with plenty of learning opportunities and time for consolidation through a structured workbook and placement package.
Gaining a full understanding of operations is key for a successful career in the Food Safety and Quality field and so obtaining knowledge of the following areas is desirable dependant on site functions:
- Customer Specifications
- Stock Rotation (Maturation)
- Retail intake
- Retail Processing and Packing
- Retail planning
- Current studies in Food Science, Agricultural Science or related degree;
- An interest in the red meat processing industry and a desire to experience it first-hand.
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent time management;
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team with a professional enthusiastic attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- The successful candidate must, by the commencement of employment, have the right to work in the UK.