Pattern Design Internship 2021
Do you have a passion for Pattern Design? Are you interested in joining the UK’s largest homewares retailer and want to kick start your career? Then look no further! Dunelm have an exciting opportunity for an intern to join our Design team this summer.
As a summer intern, you will be given a 12-week project/task to complete for the relevant business area you will be supporting such as aspects of gifting packaging, fragrance packaging and character and pattern design for our product offering. We’ll offer you the development and coaching required when starting out your career in this creative space.
Your first week will be spent on induction where you will learn all about Dunelm and how we work, before you move into your business area, where you will be mentored by a Senior Manager who will support you throughout the 12 week programme.
What we are looking for
- Passion for Design
- Studying towards or achieved a degree in a relevant Design course
- Strong self-management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills
- good written communication skills
- Comfortable working with limited direction
- Proven ability to work across organisations with effective communication
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills: the ability to effectively interact with others
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently.
If the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working with our fabulous Design team in a forward-thinking innovative company excites you, then please don’t hesitate to apply, including a link to your portfolio!