Retail Management Graduate Scheme Peterborough 2024
On the hunt for a graduate scheme that’s challenging, exciting – and as unique as you are?
Our Retail Graduate Management Scheme could be just what you’re after. We’re the UK’s number one homeware retailer, turning houses into homes across the UK since 1979. Today, with over 170 stores across the country and a successful online operation – dunelm.com – we’re an industry-leading, instantly recognisable brand and offer over 50,000 products across a broad range of categories.
How did we get this far?
By understanding our customers and constantly innovating and improving the way we do things. And we’re nowhere near finished…
About the role
Our Retail Graduate Management Scheme is a fast-track development programme designed to give you all the tools that you need to begin your career in Retail and progress to be a Store Coach. Here at Dunelm, we are passionate about watching our colleagues grow, that’s why internal progression has an integral part to play in all our colleagues’ development. The programme will make sure you’re challenged, supported, and will give you plenty of room to grow. You will be buddied up with capable mentors, who were once in your shoes, so feel confident that you will learn from the best!
Over the 2-year programme, our dedicated training programme will let you learn and experience every aspect of working in a store as a valued member of the management team and to understand how to provide the best for our customers. You will work towards running your own store by the end of the programme.
Dunelm is committed to becoming a fully inclusive business that is representative of our customers and locations.
We recognise the value in diversity and welcome applications from all candidates regardless of sex, age, race religion, ability, gender or sexual identity, socio-economic background or education. We are committed to making Dunelm a place where everyone c an enjoy a successful career and have systems in place to support all our staff. We are seeking applications from candidates who share our values and celebrate diversity in all its forms.
What you'll be doing
Alongside the Graduate Retail Management Scheme, we will offer you:
- Ability to run with your own ideas
- Fast track into the management team
- Dedicated training programme, with the first 6 months solely focusing on learning the ropes
- Support from your team and Line Manager
- Project work to enable you to get to know all aspects of the business, not just retail
- Ability to move across areas of expertise in our business
What we'll look for in you
- Previous experience of working within a fast-paced retail environment
- Knowledge of a digital lead shopping experience to ensure our customer’s shopping experience is as good online as it is in store.
- Have a passion for providing the best customer service
- Possess commercial awareness and attention to detail
- Passion for coaching and leading a team on our core behaviours
- Willingness to develop your own passions to be the best you can
- The energy and creativity to move at pace, embracing change at all levels
- Resilience to drive yourself, your team and the business onward to even greater success
- Passion for your community to truly integrate our business into the hearts and minds of all our customers. Enabling us to always be there for everyone
Apply now through our careers website. Find out all about our business and the role you’re applying for on our website. Or better still why not pop into a local store and speak to one of our friendly and helpful team?
After applying via our careers website and going through a selection process, you will be called by a member of the recruitment team for a chat about you, your experience and why you want to work for Dunelm.
Then you’ll go on to be invited to our Recruitment Assessment Day that will be held in your local area. This will include a 1 to 1 interview, a task to be completed before the day to present back and a group exercise.