Engineering Graduate (SEMI) Burgess Hill 2024
At Edwards, we create some of the purest vacuum environments on earth for widescale use in industry and research. We take pride in our globally recognised position as the leading technology partner and supplier of vacuum and environmental solutions that support our customers productivity and environmental targets. Our caring culture and cutting-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future, and we believe that passionate people make it happen.
Vacuum is one of the hidden secrets behind many of the products you rely on every day. Edwards’ products enable scientific research, food preservation and the manufacture of smart devices as well as preventing the release of hazardous gases into the environment. It’s a fast-moving market with new applications emerging all the time, so we’re looking for bright, innovative, and passionate people to join us.
Starting September 2024, the Edwards Evolve Programme is designed to develop graduates at pace for a career in a truly global organisation. Supporting the development of a global mindset early so colleagues are ready to go any place at any time to support our growth. The programme has a clear focus to build graduates professional capability over a 2-year period where they will rotate and work cross-functionally in roles with real responsibility whilst continuously testing and developing skills.
Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group, a Sweden-based provider of industrial productivity solutions. A multi-national company with employees spanning over 70 countries. During the programme, there will be an opportunity to rotate internationally, immersing in a new culture and developing a global mindset.
Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Your mission is, to support the organisation by developing key engineering skills across a variety of disciplines whilst gaining exposure to diverse engineering functions and contributing to the success of our business.
You will support projects that shape the future of the organisation and collaborate with global teams to better serve our customers, at the end of the programme you will be ready to start your career in one of our Engineering teams.
As part of the Edwards Evolve Graduate Programme, you will participate in a 2-year structured rotational programme that explores various aspects of engineering, including but not limited to:
- New Product Introduction - NPI
- Field Service
What you'll do
- You will have first-hand experience working on projects alongside experienced employees to gain practical insights into the different types of engineering activities.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business challenges, propose solutions, and contribute to the development of business strategies.
- You will be supported by a mentor from within Edwards to help navigate career paths and share key industry insights.
- You will participate in continuous learning through workshops, training sessions, and access to industry-leading resources to enhance technical and soft skills.
- You will contribute to the development of cutting-edge solutions, driving innovation within the company.
- You will build a strong professional network by connecting with colleagues, mentors, and fellow programme participants.
To succeed, you need:
- You are a graduate with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or a current graduate on track to graduate in 2024 (e.g., Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Semi-Conductor Engineering, or a related field).
- You have a strong academic performance and a passion for engineering.
- You have excellent communication and people skills.
- You possess an analytical mindset and good problem-solving abilities.
- You work well in a team and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- You are eager to learn and a have a proactive attitude.
- You can demonstrate good organisational, time management and personal management skills - self-reliance and the ability to take initiative.
- You have advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills.
- You are globally mobile and happy to relocate during the programme to one of our international locations.
- You are fluent in English, as this is our internal language.
What we offer
In return, we offer:
- A competitive starting salary and bonus of 7.5%.
- Pension with a company contribution of up to 8%.
- Life Assurance of 4 x basic salary.
- 25 days holiday.
- Hybrid working environment.
- Experience working with a diverse global team, with opportunities for global career progression.
- A learning culture which will support you on your journey.
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior, and integrity.
- New challenges and new things to learn every day.
- You will experience an onboarding program, including guidance by a personal buddy.
- We support you and your well-being with different programs like running groups, family parties, team events, and more.
- Are you missing something? Help shape it and bring in your ideas.
We are in Burgess Hill, West Sussex working in a hybrid model. International travel will be required, and an international assignment will form part of the programme.
What to expect next?
The next stage of the application process are online tests and video interviews. We will send you an email within a few weeks of your applying to let you know if your application is being progressed.
Should you be successful, we will be running the assessment centers in January 2024.
Diverse by nature and inclusive by choice
Bright ideas come from all of us. The more unique perspectives we embrace, the more innovative we are. Together we build a culture where difference is valued and we share a deep sense of purpose and belonging.