Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme Bristol 2024
Are you a graduate or will be graduating soon?
Are you looking for your big break into a global technology business?
Right now, we are looking for the next generation of talent to join our global family and become part of the team in our Clevedon facility.
Edwards is the leading global supplier of abatement and vacuum solutions for the manufacture of semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells.
Our carbon negative products are used in manufacture of virtual every electronic item found in industry or in your home, you have it we helped make it! Approximately 1 in 5 semiconductors manufactured worldwide is made using the equipment that comes out of our factory in Clevedon!
We are the leader in vacuum technology for industrial, chemical, scientific, process, glass coating and food packaging industries and multiple engineering applications.
We are also part of the Atlas Copco group of over 45,000 people worldwide in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment.
We offer multiple other pumping technologies and related products, supported by an international sales and service organisation. We bring an environmental benefit by working with our customers to allow them to be greener and manufacture in the most environmentally and sustainable way possible.
The semiconductor market it on course to double in size by the end of 2030, so there really isn’t a better time to join us at the cutting edge of technology as we help shape the future of the electronics industry worldwide!
About our Graduate programme
You will combine academic achievement with personal drive and a commitment and the ability to work with others and preparedness to be mobile with the skills, initiative, and personality to play an important part in Edwards continued growth and success.
Edwards offers a two-year rotational Graduate Development Programme which provides unique opportunities to work in several functions / teams.
Our Clevedon facility is responsible for the design, development, and manufacture of our exhaust gas management systems. Our aim is to ensure that we remain number one supplier of abatement solutions to the Semiconductor, Flat Panel, Solar Cell and LED markets. Our vision is to identify opportunities that are not always visible to others, promoting the creation of collaborative sustainable solutions designed to meet our customer needs.
We're looking for graduates to join our operations team within Clevedon, half an hour from the vibrant city of Bristol.
You will be reporting to Lead engineer / Early Careers Specialist. You will enter the business into the Clevedon facility and throughout the course of the graduate scheme, spend 2 years on a series of placements across our operational & engineering functions.
During each rotation, your daily work will be overseen by a manager who will set goals specific to that placement. You will be set challenging and exciting projects to put your knowledge to the test but immerse yourself in the real-world challenges of a manufacturing facility. Example projects include:
- Redesigning manufacturing processes to improve their efficiency.
- Introducing new tooling to improve operator quality.
- Designing factory layouts for new or improving production lines.
- Introducing or improving testing equipment to ensure right first time to our customers.
- Working on end-to-end process improvements to deliver customer systems.
- Improving warehouse efficiency through optimising the storage and picking processes
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering allocated tasks and meet goals as agreed with manager.
- Performing modelling, design or implementation activities with the management and mentoring of senior staff.
- Verifying and testing technical solutions with guidance from senior staff.
- Learning the use of tools and equipment of the allocated functional discipline.
- Learning how to estimate allocated tasks and follow agreed cost estimates and timescales by participating in the definition of Work Packages and their incorporation into project delivery.
- Providing regular and clear technical progress reports to project management, mentor, project supervisor and functional line manager.
You are an engineering graduate with a minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree within a Mechanical / Electrical engineering or relevant discipline. You'll demonstrate our core values of commitment, interaction, and innovation in everything you do. You have ambition, vision, enthusiasm, and the desire to keep on developing your knowledge and achieve chartered status.
Benefits and rewards
If you join us, you will work on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, shaping the future of energy. You will have opportunities to learn from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry.
Our two-year fixed graduate programme will give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A competitive starting salary.
- A career development plan, including core learning modules and on the job technical training.
- Global Talent Forum and network.
- Support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution.
(Please note if we receive a large number of applications we may close the application window early, so don’t delay and apply today)