Rail Civil Engineering Graduate Manchester 2024
Egis is a leading global consulting, construction engineering and operating firm. We work hand-in-hand with our clients across every aspect of transport, energy and the built environment to build a more balanced, sustainable and resilient world. We hold 50+ years of experience and have a worldwide workforce of over 18,000 people.
As industry leaders we hold ourselves responsible for today’s biggest challenges; fighting climate change, the digital transition and meeting the needs of growing populations. We do this by designing smart, green infrastructure, transport and buildings, creating a sustainable future for communities everywhere. Joining our group means, above all, sharing our values as a people-first company, strongly committed to sustainability and innovation.
Egis Transport Solutions, a business unit of the Egis Group, brings together all of the necessary expertise for guided urban transport and heavy rail: systems, automation, rolling stock, safety, equipment, civil engineering and environment.
We believe the key to our ongoing growth and success is the development and the nurturing of enthusiastic, ambitious graduates who are excited by the daily unique challenges we tackle across our organisation and want to join us in making a positive impact across the globe.
Your role in the rail sector
Joining Egis in the UK as a graduate means you will become part of our Graduate Program, a tailored training schedule that supports you as you begin your career with us, giving you the skills to excel and achieve your goals. We support you in fostering connections with colleagues from across the country through a variety of training and development sessions, networking lunches, site visits and technical training.
This is a fantastic time for anyone looking for their first step career-wise, working for a company that values their employee’s opinion and career aspirations.
The Rail Civil Engineering Graduate will support the Engineering Team.
If you join our Graduate programme, you'll specialise in rail and other significant national infrastructure. You will visit our current project locations observing various stages of the project lifecycle, meeting the teams whilst also getting to know the other functions that support the business, such as finance, HR, and business development.
You will receive intensive training so that you start to understand the railway in the UK, whilst also developing a personal development plan with your line manager.
Rotations within the first 2 years as an ETS graduate in Service Line/Discipline could include:
- Major Projects
- Urban Transport
- Southern, Eastern or Western Regions
- Expecting to graduate with a minimum of 2:1 in BEng/MEng – preferred degrees in Civil, Structural, Track or Infrastructure related degree
- You will be keen to work on a wide range of consultancy projects and other activities within engineering.
- Your written and verbal presentation skills must be of a high standard.
- Be able to clearly demonstrate your ability to analyse and distil information.
- Strong report-writing skills are a key requirement of this role.
- Have strong client interpersonal skills; it is important that you enjoy the prospect of client engagement whether in workshops, training sessions, one-to-one meetings or simply networking.
The consultancy environment can be very fast-paced with opportunities emerging at very short notice that will require a flexible, agile approach to delivering excellence in consultancy services and meeting or exceeding client requirements.
- Support in preparing Engineering documents for Major Projects
- Set up a System Integration and Systems Engineering methodology for Major Projects
- Coordinating Systems Design including Civil, Structural,Track, and Infrastructure.
- Using Digital techniques to improve System Integration
- Managing a mini-project or an activity
- Undertaking Engineering Design in line with Industry standards
- Supporting design integration
- Supporting the resolution of technical queries
- Coordinating interfaces between disciplines
- Ensuring document registers are maintained
To apply, please provide your CV and a Cover Letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role you have applied for.
Must have the right to work in the UK
We are committed to our planet
In each project we design, engineer and operate we care deeply about the legacy we’re leaving behind. As part of our team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to use your skills and expertise to shape a better future for our communities in the UK, and all around the globe.
Our commitment is translated in the work carried out by our Egis Foundation, which funds concrete actions to address the climate crisis and is focused on educational and social initiatives that will help in the responsible and sustainable shift towards a sustainable world.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunities employer, and we strive to build a workforce that truly reflects the communities we represent. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic. If you decide to apply for an opportunity with us, your application will be assessed based purely on your experience, the essential and desirable criteria, and your suitability for the role. We value each and every one’s contribution as this builds our culture and means that if you work with us, you will be included, listened to, and respected.