Data Analyst Summer Internship Programme 2024
At the FCA, we regulate the conduct of nearly 50,000 businesses in the UK to ensure that our financial markets are honest, competitive and fair. Our ambition is to become a more innovative, more assertive and more adaptive regulator; one that fully capitalises on data and technology, ensures consumer protection and market integrity, and responds well to the challenges we face.
We’re looking for interns to join our diverse and highly capable teams across the FCA.
About the internship
- 10 weeks
In Data, Technology & Innovation (DTI), we are transforming the way the FCA analyses and uses the data, intelligence and information we receive so that we can spot harm and act sooner, enabling us to more effectively regulate the firms we oversee.
If you join our Data Analyst Summer Internship, you’ll get exposure to the lifecycle of data at the FCA. The scheme will give you experience in data design and operations, data engineering and data analysis and visualisation. Interns on this scheme use a range of analytical techniques to derive insight from data and this insight derivation is a key interest for you.
At the end of the internship, you’ll have gained experience in both data analysis and financial services, working with diverse groups of stakeholders to solve real-world business problems. And, if you’re successful, you could be offered a place on our 2025 Graduate Programme.
What we look for
- On course for a 2.1 in a quantitative degree
- STEM degree background
- Enjoy working with data
- Have proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Are naturally curious
- Are a team player
- Can communicate complex information in a clear and simple manner
What we offer
We’re committed to making the FCA a great place to work. We do this by:
- Providing a rewarding environment, recognising that our people are motivated by meaningful work
- Maintaining a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, allowing people to develop and progress without barriers
- Looking after the well-being of our people, ensuring that they are safe and well and appropriately cared for
- Promoting an environment in which people are valued and respected
At the FCA you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. We offer all our summer interns:
- A competitive salary of £24,000 (pro rata)
- A bespoke induction in the first week of the summer internship programme to introduce you to what we do at the FCA and our place in the Financial Services landscape
- Access to a skills training path to support you through your internship and beyond
- Completion of a financial services related project that benefits the local community, which you will present to a senior panel of judges towards the end of your internship
- Opportunity to hear from senior speakers across the business
- Lunch and learn sessions to widen your knowledge of the FCA divisions and their work
- Social opportunities to network and engage with your intern cohort
- We only accept ONE application per person for our 2024 programmes, therefore, please apply to your first-choice programme. Any additional applications will not be progressed.
- For the 2024 Data Analyst Summer Internship Programme, please submit your online application by Sunday 10th December 2023. However, we recruit on a rolling basis and therefore encourage early applications.
- Applicants must be in their penultimate year of study and on track to achieve a minimum 2:1 degree from any university.
- Your application and any work you submit throughout the recruitment process must be all your own. You will not allow another person to complete any parts of the assessment nor submit responses provided or generated by an AI assistant or other similar software.