Autonomous Systems Graduate Engineer 2024
Frazer-Nash are a leading engineering, systems and technology consultancy. Through our meaningful innovations, our experts help organisations make lives safe, secure, sustainable and affordable.
In a nutshell, engineering consultancy is all about providing advice to positively impact our clients’ projects and businesses and the wider world around us.
As a graduate, you will typically be working on multiple projects simultaneously, managing your time and rapidly accruing a wealth of experience and skills. Hence, no two days in Frazer-Nash will be the same.
You will be surrounded by experts not just in your systems and integration team, but also in a wide range of other fields – whether it’s digital or human sciences, we’re an interesting bunch.
We have a comprehensive Early Careers package that will help you successfully integrate into our business and meet new colleagues from across the organisation – last year we had over 100 Graduates, interns and summer placements and we are looking for a similar sized cohort this year so you will be joining with a large and vibrant peer group.
You will be part of the Assured Autonomous Systems team, a multi-disciplinary team based in Leatherhead, Bristol, Burton, Gloucester, Warrington, and Glasgow. The team is comprised of a diverse mix of expertise, including:
- Data Science
- Mechanical and Product Design
Applying, your enthusiasm, skills and knowledge you will be helping us to develop, build and test our autonomy technology stack. On any given day you will be involved in planning for future development sprints, researching approaches, developing technology, testing our stack, integrating your work into the wider system or demonstrating advances to the team and stakeholders. Through our projects you will have the opportunity to see your technology developed and deployed in the real-world, being a part of trials and experimentation and the satisfaction that can bring.
We’re looking for someone who can become
As a consultancy organisation, we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, organised and inquisitive individuals, who can solve challenging problems.
- A problem solver: with the ability to critically question what you see, to solve problems that build on your technical understanding, and show initiative and ownership for your ideas and work. You will have the ability to deliver results through your proactivity.
- A team player: working in autonomous systems requires a diverse mix of skills, to bring these to bear it’s essential to work closely with colleagues. This close working means you can build your understanding, acquire and confidently share information with the team and stakeholders.
- A self-starter: with the ability and desire to take ownership of the tasks ahead of you and deliver them to the client, project or team to create an impact. Given the ever-changing nature of our work and the field of autonomous systems, we value people who can adapt to new situations, environments and information.
- A communicator: with the ability to discuss and convey projects and outcomes with internal stakeholders and clients who may be themselves in a technical or non-technical role.
- An evaluator: with the ability of evaluating information by understanding context and risk to make logical, informed decisions. Creating original and creative ideas through exploration and abstract thinking.
- A creator: seeking out new information and techniques to explore how to build better designs and solutions
We will also require you to have obtained a 2:1 or above in your bachelor's or master's degree. Whilst not exclusive for this role, the following are some of the degree courses that you may have come from: AI/ML, data science, control, mechanical and product design, robotics, simulation, or software.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Our recruitment process
- Step 1: Application - CV submission
- Step 2: Measure Potential - Arctic Shores’ task-based assessment. You will be asked to complete some exciting, engaging tasks which will help us get to know you better! In return, you’ll receive a personalised feedback report.
- Step 3: Video Interview - Situation based & technical questions that are related to the important criteria needed to be successful on the role.
- Step 4: Explore day - This includes the opportunity to learn about what we do, network with current Graduates and find out about what a career at Frazer-Nash has to offer. You will be asked to complete an interview and presentation/task as part of the day.
- Step 5: Decision/Feedback - You will receive feedback even if we do not make the decision to offer you the job or progress you to the next stage.
Here's what we offer
- The opportunity to join and learn with a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
- A competitive salary: £33,000 + £2,000 joining bonus
- The opportunity to work on cutting-edge autonomous systems.
- 25 days holiday + the opportunity to buy 5 days.
- A company that has its heart in the right place and a welcoming work culture.
- Hybrid working with flexibility around life outside of work.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare membership + wellbeing support.
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance.
- Support and mentoring on route to achieving professional accreditation.
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution.
- Early career teams and office socials.
And a whole host more...
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a dynamic and thriving workplace culture.