Technology Management Placement Year 2024
Frazer-Nash are a leading engineering, systems and technology consultancy. Through our meaningful innovations, our experts help organisations make lives securer, safer, sustainable and affordable.
In a nutshell, engineering consultancy is all about providing advice to positively impact our clients’ projects and businesses and the wider world around us.
With the drive towards a more sustainable and more equitable society, the world is facing many challenges. Working with our clients, we are finding engineering and technology solutions, and getting a kick out of it as we do!
As a graduate, you will be a part of this and you will typically be working on multiple projects simultaneously, managing your time and accruing a wealth of experience and skills. Hence, no two days in Frazer-Nash will be the same.
With recent rapid technological advances, the world faces an unprecedented array of complex engineering challenges and opportunities. The systems engineers in our Technology Management teams take pride in providing our clients with innovative and meaningful solutions to their problems.
This is a Technology Management Graduate Engineer role within our Systems Engineering stream at Frazer-Nash. As a graduate you could be working in one, some, or all of the following areas:
- Energy and Power Systems
- Net Zero and Sustainability
- Defence Technology
- Hybrid Transport Systems
- Strategic Asset Management
- Innovation Programme Delivery
The role is looking for passionate, open and curious minded people, who love to problem solve. We are looking for engineering professionals who, like us, are committed to finding real-world solutions and delivering success for our clients. Drawing on a strong engineering or scientific background, but with a mind that likes to breakdown problems with a systematic approach.
You would be involved in delivery of a diverse range of Systems Engineering projects to our clients, working from component level to system level, throughout all aspects of project lifecycle (from R&D to decommissioning) and in conjunction with other technical disciplines. Your projects could include:
- Feasibility study, technology roadmap and business case for a new net-zero power generation facility;
- Helping the Ministry of Defence understand the safety implications of operating submarines in the extreme weather conditions in arctic waters;
- Determining the suitability of design changes to improve system performance and safety for operators of wind turbines;
- Identifying and down selecting digital technology trends, and considering how they could benefit transportation systems of the future.
- Managing the user requirements, during the integration of new equipment into a refurbished research laboratory.
- Developing and leading industry stakeholder mapping and workshops, for implementation of a novel power system.
As a consultancy organisation, we are looking for ambitious, intelligent, organised and inquisitive individuals, who can solve challenging problems. We're looking for people who can become:
- A problem solver: with the ability to critically question what you see, to solve problems that build on your technical understanding, and show initiative and ownership for your ideas and work. You will have the ability to deliver results through your proactivity.
- A team player: with the ability to work with others and different technical backgrounds. Build effective relationships through thriving in social settings and adjusting behaviour to the situation.
- A self-starter: with the ability and desire to take ownership of the tasks ahead of you and deliver them to the client, project or team to create an impact.
- A communicator: with the ability to discuss and convey projects and outcomes with internal stakeholders and clients who may be themselves in a technical or non-technical role.
- An evaluator: with the ability of evaluating information by understanding context and risk to make logical, informed decisions. Creating original and creative ideas through exploration and abstract thinking
You will need
- To be working towards a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent/experience) with a related Engineering or relevant scientific bias. Examples might include Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace or Maritime Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.
Our recruitment process
- Step 1: Application - CV submission
- Step 2: Measure Potential - Arctic Shores’ task-based assessment. You will be asked to complete some exciting, engaging tasks which will help us get to know you better! In return, you’ll receive a personalised feedback report.
- Step 3: Video Interview - Situation based & technical questions that are related to the important criteria needed to be successful on the role.
- Step 4: Final Stage Interview - This includes a final stage interview with opportunity to learn more about what we do.
- Step 5: Decision/Feedback - You will receive feedback even if we do not make the decision to offer you the job or progress you to the next stage.
Here's what we offer
- The opportunity to join and learn with a team that’s as driven as they are supportive.
- A competitive salary: [£23,500 pro rate]
- 25 days holiday (pro rata)
- A company that has its heart in the right place and a welcoming work culture.
- Hybrid working with flexibility around life outside of work.
- Company pension scheme.
- Private healthcare membership + wellbeing support.
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance.
- Support and mentoring during your placement year.
- Opportunity to fast track onto our graduate programme.
- Early career teams and office socials.
And a whole host more...
Individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply, as we believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a dynamic and thriving workplace culture.