Machine Learning Engineer Internship 2021
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Our Research Software Engineering team works hand-in-hand with our quantitative researchers, helping them quickly implement their novel machine learning ideas and test them at scale against a range of in-house datasets.
For the first time, we are looking for a summer intern to join our team from July 2021. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on the rate of research output, which is critical to the success of our business. We solve incredibly difficult problems using the best tools available for the job and are rapidly extending the use of new technologies, giving you fantastic exposure to the cutting edge of this field.
On a day-to-day level, responsibilities include areas such as:
- Efficiently implementing an idea from a new research paper
- Building new tooling to help optimise a large-scale workflow
- Working out how the latest open source machine learning technologies can be applied to our problem space
- Who are we looking for?
We are looking for four interns to join the team. The ideal candidate(s) will have:
- Solid technical background and be in their penultimate year of a technical degree programme at a Masters or PhD level (Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least one programming language for scientific computing (e.g. Matlab, Julia, Python+Numpy+Pandas)
- Experience and coursework in machine learning and data science
- Knowledge of algorithm and data structure fundamentals
- Curiosity to experiment with new ideas and technologies
For any candidate, this is a challenging role requiring you to combine technical knowledge and engineering skills with the ability to understand the hard data science challenges facing our researchers.
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to 5 stations and 6 tube lines
Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2022.