Procurement Analyst Trainee Futures London 2024
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you’re close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. We’d be thrilled to receive applications from exceptional individuals like yourself.
Indulge your passion for problem-solving and embrace the thrill of addressing risk head-on at Gallagher's global brokerage team. Join a family of diverse minds, united by a relentless pursuit of excellence. As part of our team, you'll be the architect of protection, safeguarding businesses and empowering their ambitions. Together, we'll build a legacy of trust and triumph in the dynamic world of risk management.
NOTE: The Futures Programme begins in September 2024. Early starts may occur based on business need.
Are you ready to launch your career in a stable industry at a company committed to your professional growth? Futures is a tailored, development programme designed to accelerate your career. During this 2-year programme you will learn the industry, and the fundamentals of analyzing data for and supporting our Procurement and Supplier Relationship Management teams. This team owns purchasing and supply chain activities, and the negotiating and relationship management associated with outsourced services.
Futures will equip participants, with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the world of insurance brokering and risk management. Your hours spent learning your role are hours worked and are paid competitively. This is a full-time role in a global, Fortune 500 company.
Every day presents new challenges, ensuring your work remains dynamic and engaging. As a Procurement Analyst Trainee, you will be taught to:
- Support the requirement gathering and learn the application of segmentation and prioritisation models; Assist with supplier selection by learning how to effectively and efficiently collate RFI, RFP and other documentation
- Coordinate tender timelines, submission dates and engagement activities; Assist with the negotiation process by learning to care for the bid analysis process and develop negotiation strategies; Cultivate relationships; Create meeting agendas, take meeting notes and track actions
- Support the governance of critical supplier partners and the management of Gallagher’s Offshore service provider; Drive improvements of our Supplier Management Framework and Policies
- Learn to manage and monitor contractual and commercial service performance of intra group and third party suppliers to ensure performance meets or exceeds service level agreements; Find risk opportunities and apply mitigation actions and strategies
- Run and analyze reports; Support the development of procurement strategies using information about industry, supply market & supplier spend trends
- Education in Supply Chain, Business or a related field preferred but not required
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Excel (reporting and data analysis), PowerPoint (create polished presentations and proposals) and Word (report writing)
- Gather, organize and analyze large data sets
- Leverage different technologies to perform daily tasks
- Knowledge of project management concepts
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Model the right behaviors and lead by example
- Communicate and influence effectively, both internally and externally, at various levels
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and remain composed under pressure
- Effectively organise, analyse and summarise data and findings
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits.
Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include:
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more…
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!