Risk & Compliance Trainee Futures London 2024
We believe that every candidate brings something special to the table, including you! So, even if you feel that you’re close but not an exact match, we encourage you to apply. We’d be thrilled to receive applications from exceptional individuals like yourself.
Indulge your passion for problem-solving and embrace the thrill of addressing risk head-on at Gallagher's global brokerage team. Join a family of diverse minds, united by a relentless pursuit of excellence. As part of our team, you'll be the architect of protection, safeguarding businesses and empowering their ambitions. Together, we'll build a legacy of trust and triumph in the dynamic world of risk management.
NOTE: The Futures Programme begins in September 2024. Early starts may occur based on business need.
Are you ready to launch your career in a stable industry at a company committed to your professional growth? Futures is a tailored, development programme designed to accelerate your career. During this 2-year programme we will teach you the industry, and the fundamentals of leading critical risk and compliance activities in a global, Fortune 500 company.
Futures will equip participants, with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the world of insurance brokering and risk management. All hours spent learning your role are hours worked and are paid competitively. This is a full-time role.
Every day presents new challenges, ensuring your work remains dynamic and engaging. As a Risk and Compliance Trainee, we will prepare you to:
- Grow your knowledge of industry concepts and how to practically apply standards; Provide support to various risk projects and M&A integration work; Learn Gallagher's approach to client servicing
- Find, assess and care for compliance, professional standards and regulatory requirements; Support the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Team, leaders, and first line functions in the management, analysis and analysis of risk events
- Research a range of regulatory issues with a special focus on conduct risk and Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) requirements according to the FCA rule book. Maintain high visibility and become a strong influencer to help internal partners anticipate risk outcomes, prepare for, implement and test regulatory and policy shifts
- Learn and apply current regulatory, compliance and risk requirements to meet FCA; Support the response to sophisticated inquiries and challenges to ensure information provided is clearly understood by the business
- Stay current on and analyse external trends and influences to further support the development and innovation of ERM, compliance and business strategies; Support creation and delivery of education sessions, and awareness initiatives
- Perform critical tasks that position Gallagher to meet both internal policy requirements and external laws, rules, regulations, and governance expectations
- Educated in Risk Management, Compliance & Regulation, or related field preferred, but not required
- Eligible to work in the UK
About rewards and compensation
On top of a competitive salary, great teams and exciting career opportunities, we also offer a wide range of benefits.
Below are the minimum core benefits you’ll get, depending on your job level these benefits may improve:
- Minimum of 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays, and the option to ‘buy’ 5 more days
- Defined contribution pension scheme, which Gallagher will also contribute to
- Life insurance, which will pay 4x your basic annual salary, which you can top-up to 10x
- Income protection, we’ll cover up to 50% of your annual income, with options to top up
- Health cash plan or Private medical insurance
Other benefits include:
- Three fully paid volunteering days per year
- Employee Stock Purchase plan, offering company shares at a discount
- Share incentive plan, HMRC approved, tax effective, stock purchase plan
- Critical illness cover
- Discounted gym membership, with over 3,000 gyms nationally
- Season ticket loan
- Access to a discounted voucher portal to save money on your weekly shop or next big purchase
- Emergency back-up family care
- And many more…
Gallagher is Disability Confident Committed. We have pledged to make sure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible, in addition to supporting our existing employees with any long-term health conditions or disabilities.
We understand that applicants may have disabilities, if you do, you may find some parts of the recruitment process more challenging than others. Don’t worry, we’re here to help, however, we can only do this if you let us know.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with your application, please get in touch with TAGlobalSupport@ajg.com. If you’d prefer to speak on the phone, please request a call back, leaving details, so we get in touch.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. We are committed to diversity and opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.
If this sounds like somewhere you’d like to join, we'd love to hear from you!